Blue Green Algae, Need Help

Dennis57

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hi all, in 1 of my tanks I have blue-green algae.
I have never had this before and have no idea how to get rid of it.
Its a pretty heavy planted tank.
I do use ferts, and my light are on 8-9 HRS a day.Tank has been running maybe 13 years.
Right now it is only on my substrate and growing down into it.
I am using Eco Complete.
I hope someone can help me out. Thanks

PeteStevers

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
if you want the quick way, you can spray it with hydrogen peroxide. You should be able to find a spray bottle of it. Just put it right on top of the algae and gently spray it so it remains on the algae and it will start bubbling after awhile as it starts to get eaten away. within a day or two it should be gone. this worked for me and I have tetras and red cherry shrimp that were not affected.

Dennis57

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
if you want the quick way, you can spray it with hydrogen peroxide. You should be able to find a spray bottle of it. Just put it right on top of the algae and gently spray it so it remains on the algae and it will start bubbling after awhile as it starts to get eaten away. within a day or two it should be gone. this worked for me and I have tetras and red cherry shrimp that were not affected.
This will not harm fish or snails?

PeteStevers

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It didn't harm any of my fish or shrimp. I only have some pest snails so, I don't have any personal experience with that. sorry. My cyano was gone though after a couple of days of spraying it. Just try to target the spots if you are doing this.

Dennis57

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
TY, I did go out and buy blue-green slime, a lot of people I talked to said it works. I will give it a try

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom