Blue Gouramis

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by benharmer87, Aug 1, 2014.

1. benharmer87

benharmer87 Valued Member Member

I have two blue gouramis. 1 Female and 1 male. I noticed today my female is chasing the male aroind alot. She leaves the other fish alone bit keeps bothering him. My parameters are perfect right now so dont know whats up. Does anyone know why she is harassing him? What's going on?
    Oh yeah he is smaller than her. about half inch to 1 inch. If that makes a difference.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

She either is swimming with other fish, chillin at top corner or chasing him. She chills by the bubbles from the bubbler. Does she think it's a bubble nest?

I guess I have to go Google it. I just thought this forum was more informative and better because the personal experience. That's why I ask alot of questions. I rather ask here then google but it's all good

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  2. Delaneyw

Delaneyw Well Known Member Member

Give someone with experience a chance to answer. In some places it's midday and people are at work.

It's a good idea to research for yourself regardless of what information you get here, at a pet store, or any where else.

I hope you find your answers. Gourami are just some of the neatest fish!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

3. Adam55

Adam55 Well Known Member Member

I don't ever like keeping two gouramis at once, and that includes a male and a female. It's been my experience that they just never seem to get along. Or they do get along, then they mate, and then they terrorize everyone else.

4. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Are we talking about blue dwarfs ?

5. TKDennison

TKDennison Valued Member Member

Yeah what breed of gourami are we talking about.

What size tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice