blue gourami Help

Discussion in 'Blue Gourami' started by ruky00o, Apr 12, 2010.

1. ruky00oValued MemberMember

ive been keeping a blue gourami since last year 2009 in a 2.5g tank. i know im not suposed to be keeping a gourami in such a small tank but the problem is that the gourami has grown to 7cm and i dont know what to do with it, please help me

2. RhanWell Known MemberMember

Call up some local aquarium stores and ask if they would like to take it? Or do you know anybody who could give it an appropriate home?

3. ruky00oValued MemberMember

ill try

4. RhanWell Known MemberMember

I would just say that you are unable to look after it anymore and would like it to have a chance of going to another home, and leave it at that.

Good on you for doing something about this situation :) May I ask why it is no longer in the 10 gallon tank in your aquarium info?

5. ruky00oValued MemberMember

i still want to keep the gourami but i wanted to something about it before it gets stressed and i meant 1OL sorry

6. RhanWell Known MemberMember

I'm a little confused now: so the blue gourami is with the columbian tetras in a 10 litre tank, which is pretty much 2.5gal?

If you would like to keep it, you would need a much bigger tank. I think the minimum size for a blue gourami is 20 gallons, or about 80 litres. I'm not sure how the columbian tetras would work, I don't know anything about them. Is that what you meant?

7. ruky00oValued MemberMember

dont worry but thanks 4 your help

8. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

do you have a pic?

9. ruky00oValued MemberMember

ill try to get one up

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice