Blue Gourami Tankmates?

Discussion in 'Blue Gourami' started by CliffordBozarth, Jul 11, 2019.

1. CliffordBozarth

CliffordBozarthNew MemberMember

2. CaptainAquatics

CaptainAquaticsWell Known MemberMember

Here are some people that could help with the stocking question as I have never kept Accra’s or Gularis (although I have kept gourami): @Coptapia @richie.p

Could I get a photo of those gouramis though, I would love to see them. Thanks :)

3. OP
    OP
    CliffordBozarth

IMG_1856.JPGIMG_1855.jpg

These are from when they were in their old tank. I will take new ones today.

4. richie.p

richie.pFishlore VIPMember

With those teo species you can kiss goodbye to your shrimp

5. OP
    OP
    CliffordBozarth

Yeah. The shrimp have been managing to survive pretty well though. Just saw a couple of them this morning out playing around.

IMG_1873.JPG

These caves are tall and have little shelves inside of them. I believe that is where they have made their home. Very difficult for the Gourami to get to them there.

But my question remains. Can I bloop an Electric Blue Acura into this community?

6. jinjerJOSH22

jinjerJOSH22Valued MemberMember

Yes, I've got Blue Acara with my Opaline and they get on fine Now, It took a couple of attempts at putting my Gourami in as he killed one of my Acara on the first attempt, 2nd attempt he was constantly chasing the Acara, on the 3rd attempt it just seemed to work i'm not sure of the difference. Though the one he killed was definitely from a unhealthy batch of fish. A backup plan might be necessary.

7. CaptainAquatics

CaptainAquaticsWell Known MemberMember

Oh. My. Gosh. You have to tell me where you got that cave decor, I have wanted some of my tanks to look like that before but I have to try to do it with natural rock and it always caves in. Please tell me where you got that and maybe provide a link!

8. OP
    OP
    CliffordBozarth

Honestly, I bought the tank used and the guy gave it to me. I will reach out and see if he knows. I actually hot glued a piece of plastic to the back of those so it wouldn’t cave in and filled the area behind them with lots of lava rocks and pool sand. It was througha buy/sell/trade group so... fingers crossed on him responding. I would say find a cave you do like with a flat back meant to go against a wall and buy a safe plastic and go that route. It took some doing but I couldn’t be happier with it and my fish love exploring it.

9. OP
    OP
    CliffordBozarth

IMG_2010.JPGIMG_1974.JPGIMG_1961.JPGIMG_1965.JPG

Took these this morning just for you @CaptainAquatics. :)