Blue gourami community (30g)

1. Cef Member Member

I have read a lot online and browsed here. Conflicting statements all around. I just want to confirm if I placed a blue gourami (2-3") on my community tank which is composed of 4 corys, 8 cardinal tetras, 2 gbrs. Would they be ok? Edit: If not what would be the final piece compatible with my tank? (Mid to top as am heavy stocked with mid to bottom). Thank you in advance.

2. FallenOwl Well Known Member Member

Blue gouramis seem to be one of the most aggressive gourami species. IMO no, I would not chance it. Pearl Gouramis are much more peaceful, you could probably get 1 male, 2 females..

3. Cef Member Member

Here in the forum, lots of old closed thread i've read that theyve successfully kept them in a community but the tanks are larger than a 30g. Same thing online, some websites are go on blue gourami in a community. Some though are saying just to keep them in a tank with fish that are close to size with it.

4. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

5. Cef Member Member

Hmm, I think the ones in the lfs near me are true blue gouramis, its cased closed I guess. Going with honeys then. Thank you for your advice and response.

6. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Agreed with tyguy.
    I would up the group of cories to 6.

7. Cef Member Member

I am. Trying, no one near me sells, no one online sells. Still not losing hope.

8. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

what type of cories?

9. Cef Member Member

8 cardinal tetras, 4 peppered corydoras, 2 blue rams. Tank is temp at 25-27 celsius.

10. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

That may be to warm for peppered cories

11. Cef Member Member

I know, but they were the only ones available when i found them. And tank is currently being fanned by two fans for faster evaporation / cooling. If I could rehome the, and find some sterbais which are also pretty rare. I would.

12. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Definitely rehome the peppered cories and try to find one of the following species:
    C. aeneus, adolfoi, acutus, duplicareus, gossei, oiapoquensis, haraldschultzi, splendens, seussi, and sterbai.