Blue gourami breeding

FishLover906

My female Gourami keeps destroying the bubble nest whenever male tries to mate...does anyone know why she does that??

Kribensis27

I assume she just doesn’t want to breed. If you condition them properly, the male makes a good nest, and she’s in a good mood, she’ll probably breed. I’m not certain, but that’s what I think it is. jinjerJOSH22

SnookusFish

Are they spawning or does he just make the nest and she destroyed it? If she is just destroying it then it means she it not impressed enough with his nest and so I assume they are still young fish and he will continue to perfect his nest until it is up to her standards. Then u will get a spawn.

FishLover906

Thank you.. yeah i think that's the issue ..he keeps making whenever she destroys.. i hope he make a perfect nest soon..

jinjerJOSH22

Could you post a picture of both fish?
Are you aiming to breed them or just happy if it happens? My breeding experience is nonexistent so I'm not sure what advise I could give. That being said from what I've read they aren't too fussy on bubble nest looks and can breed with a relatively small nest.

Welcome to fishlore.

Edit: How big are the fish?

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom