Blue & Gold Gourami: How big do they get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetzel

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I just bought a blue and a gold gourami and they said they get 4 inches but I just looked at pictures here and they look bigger than 4 inches?

Thanks

OP
Wetzel

Wetzel

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It's amazing how the color and markings have gotten so much better since these fish have been in my tank!!!!!!!!!!
They're so beautiful

OP
Wetzel

Wetzel

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
yeah they were faint and unhappy but they have a good home now and fixing to move into a 90 gallon here in the next week

gotta love Texas!!!!!
Tomball

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
great looking gouramis!! I have one of each also....they get to 6 inches ...fems staying more around 5 ....but both are super territorial and dont tolerate others of their own kind after getting use to their environment ....

blkdeath75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I also have an opaline and a golden... I see golds all the time now with black marking but mine never got any? Are the black spots on golden normal or is that a hybrid from a gold and opal or blue? Here's a pic of my gold, but all I have seen since is colored like the ones you have. I'll make a new post for it so i don't hijack yours

Attachments

claudicles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh cool. Does it say what species they were hydridised with? It is funny the nomenclature doesn't reflect this. Also, of course, there is usually a bit of a taboo against propagating hybrid fish mostly due to the unpredictable outcome of subsequent generations breeding so they are usually pretty clearly identified as such.

Oh and also, what book? I'm kind of interested in labyrinth fish so I'd like a dedicated source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom