Blue gill tank

Eienna

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Bluegills show up in most lakes and ponds I've fished, so I doubt they're particularly fussy. They do appear to like to hang around cover, like plants, though.

RogueAgent94

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A very very very large tank. Think 200g+ for a small group. They get massive and are huge waste producers.

FishGuy101

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
where i usual fish is a small lake where i can catch 3 or 4 inch ones and i was planing on keping one or 2 in a 20 gallon long for a while releasing them back and doing it again

monkeypie102

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That, to me, is the equivalent to sticking you in a closet for a while then letting you out just to do it again... not to be rude just putting it in perspective...

As for the idea setup, blue gill, that I know of, are schoolers so you'd want at least 6 (that's my magic schooling number for all fish) and at least 350g or a decent backyard pond for the group... they ones we've ever caught have always been near lots and lots of foliage and dead trees that have fallen in the water so plants are a must have...

Also once you catch something from the wild it is never, ever a good idea to release it as you chance letting something the other fish have no immunity to leech into the water and could kill an ecosystem (worst case scenario but still a very real one...

RogueAgent94

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Also once you catch something from the wild it is never, ever a good idea to release it as you chance letting something the other fish have no immunity to leech into the water and could kill an ecosystem (worst case scenario but still a very real one...
Not to mention it is illegal.

Yeoy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Absolutely. You could release some sort of disease or snail or fungus or anything into the wild. Very dangerous. If you catch them you have to keep them. You'd be better off getting some cool fish you can keep in the 20gal longterm.

FishGuy101

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
ok i was realy hoping i could put one i caught in my friends lake but ok

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom