Blue Eyed Guppy Female! What Types Do I Have?

Parallellogram

I was wondering if someone can help me identify the color, type and pattern of my guppies. I got the first two off a website similar to Craig's List, and then the day after I hurried to the petshop and bought the last two females they had as I didn't want my first female to be pressured too much by the male.

I also noticed that one of the females I bought (Tai) has icy blue eyes. I can't find anything online about it, I only find silver eyed guppies or angry guppies with black eyes.
Any help in identifying their "breed" would be very helpful, as I am particularily interested in knowing Tai's type and coloration.

First one I leave pictures of is Tai

View media item 247363View media item 247362View media item 247364
She's sort of yellow, but very pale. She also has has a dash of orange on her tail. She's the slimmest of my females and was doing very poorly when I got her. She was floating in the surface and isolating herself, but after two days she was as good as the rest. Though my original female, Kiyoko doesn't seem to like her much and tends to chase her.
Has anyone else ever had a blue eyed female?

Second one is Kiyoko with Komi.

View media item 247360
Kiyoko is the original female and seems to be pregnant as well, which makes sense as she's been alone with a male for a while before I got her. She's the darker one of the two and has a black and blue tail.

KomI is the almost colorless female, though she has started getting some shines of blue on her.

Last one is Kiyoko and Nishinoya (Noya for short).

View media item 247361
Noya is my male that came with Kiyoko. I think he's a pretty standard kind of guppy, but I'd still like to know what his color, pattern and type is called.

Any help would be appreciated! ^^

CaptAnnDuchow

emeraldking

emeraldking

It's got to do with the color cells. In general guppies have a 3 dimensional (3 layer) color system.
Looking at Tai, she doesn't look that blonde as it should be. It's more pale blonde. Probably she's lacking an amount of xanthophores (yellow color cells) or the density of xanthophores is . The bottom layer of the 3 dimensional color system consists of melanophores (black color cells). But in this case it's lacking melanophores and most likely the melanophores aren't even there which makes the body a bit more translucent like this female does.
The ring of the eyes of this particular guppy doesn't seem to contain xanthophores nor erythrophores (red color cells). The iridophores (reflecting cells) will reflect blue light in this case.

ItsLadyJadey

Her eyes look silver to me, reflecting blue light. But she appears to be a pale tequila sunrise color pattern.

Edit to add
This is what I assume she looks like in person? Photo for reference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190307-183743_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190307-183743_Chrome.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 93

kudzu

Probably she's lacking an amount of xanthophores (yellow color cells) or the density of xanthophores ...

Very interesting. Am newb on fish. For some reason, I'd never considered that there would be axanthic fish.

emeraldking

Very interesting. Am newb on fish. For some reason, I'd never considered that there would be axanthic fish.
Well, there are...

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Cgtoxic
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
Gone
  • Question
  • Fishy09
  • Guppy
Replies
Views