20 Gallon Tank blue eyed bn pleco?

bigli13

Hello everybody,I was wondering if any of you could give me some input on blue eyed bn's? I already have a reg. female and an albino male. So I was thinking maybe I could get some brown blue eyes because my male had a brown mom. I can give more info as needed.

TheBettaBar

Er, they're actually a different species than common/albino bristlenose, aren't they? So you won't want to interbreed them.

TheBettaBar

Yep, A. dolichopterus vs A. sp. L144.

TheBettaBar

And L144 are leucistic, not albino, I don't know if any "regular" brown ones exist, I think that's just what the species looks like (well, excepting the blue eyed panaque but those are a whole nother ball game!).

bigli13

oh that sucks. I thought I might be able to get hybrids

bigli13

I think I might get a clown then does anyone no about breeding them?arky

JoshM

Hello,
Here is a good link: https://www.aquaticcommunity.com/pleco/clown.php

bigli13

thanks I apreciate it I'm really just focusing on bn plecos do u know anything that is easy to sex that is a pleco?

TheBettaBar

I think if we knew how much tank space you have to work with, what breeding experience you have, etc etc it would be a lot easier for us to recommend some species to get started with Most pleco species are relatively easy to sex once they hit adult size, but it's a little different for each one.

bigli13

well I have been breeding bns for 1year and breeding mollies as long as my tank has been around (two and a half years) my bns haven't bred in months and I still have 15 gallons left to fill ((((9I haven't redone my profile since ive moved)I only do small plecsx

TheBettaBar

bigli13 said:
well I have been breeding bns for 1year and breeding mollies as long as my tank has been around (two and a half years) my bns haven't bred in months and I still have 15 gallons left to fill ((((9I haven't redone my profile since ive moved)I only do small plecsx
Well, what tank size do you have? Is it an empty 15 gal or are you saying your current tank can handle more stocking?

TheBettaBar

As long as you have room clown plecos would be a good step since you have experience with the slightly easier bristlenoses and they stay very small

bigli13

thanks and I mean I have 15 gallons of room left in my 20 gallon

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom