Blue Eye Signifers

MissMTS
This species is the coolest schooling fish for a community tank. I have them in with my keyholes and cories and they are constantly dashing around the tank and playing with eachother. They are very pretty. They are yellow and blue with bright blue eyes. I don't have any pics of mine that are worth showing you, so I have attached a link that shows a pic and tells a little bit about them. If any of you can get your hands on these little guys, I would definetly reccomend them

angelfish220
They definitely look pretty!

Alessa
omg they are so cute!

Lucy
They're adorable. I swear, I wish the stores near me had a better variety.
Oh wait, there aren't really any near me. lol

Butterfly
Those are so pretty! They look a lot like P. furcatus
Carol

MissMTS
I didn't really know what they were when I bought them. I thought they were a type of tetra or rasbora, but then I googled them and I found out they were rainbowfish.

Butterfly
Their beautiful little fish, especially in numbers.
Carol

suer
MissMTS, you know that they are brackish water fish I hope. I love the signifers but I already have a 120gal & a 14gal & did not want to set up another tank & do brackish also. I love the blus eye rainbows there so cool looking. The only fresh water fish that are close to the blue eye are green eye rasbora & they also have the blue on the eye. I just don't know why they call them green eye.

Butterfly
MissMTS, you know that they are brackish water fish I hope.
Actually they are found in nature in freshwater as well as brackish and full marine. Imagine what we get in the aquarium trade are tank raised and fully freshwater.

Here are some pics of P. signifier that were entered into a photography contest thought I would share them with you.

Carol

voiceless_kat
This species is the coolest schooling fish for a community tank. I have them in with my keyholes and cories and they are constantly dashing around the tank and playing with eachother. They are very pretty. They are yellow and blue with bright blue eyes. I don't have any pics of mine that are worth showing you, so I have attached a link that shows a pic and tells a little bit about them. If any of you can get your hands on these little guys, I would definetly reccomend them

They are very neat....love those eyes. I really had no idea there were so many kinds of rainbows!! thanks for the info!

Actually they are found in nature in freshwater as well as brackish and full marine. Imagine what we get in the aquarium trade are tank raised and fully freshwater.

Here are some pics of P. signifier that were entered into a photography contest thought I would share them with you.

Carol

Great link Carol, these pics really show them off, I can just imagine them in a larger school. Wow! Thanks.

Val

MissMTS
MissMTS, you know that they are brackish water fish I hope. I love the signifers but I already have a 120gal & a 14gal & did not want to set up another tank & do brackish also. I love the blus eye rainbows there so cool looking. The only fresh water fish that are close to the blue eye are green eye rasbora & they also have the blue on the eye. I just don't know why they call them green eye.

The store that I got them from (as well as I am assuming most stores around) were keeping them in freshwater. I decided it would be best to keep them in freshwater. They are doing great and I have had them for about 6 weeks now

Carol

Ooooh thanks for the link with the pics Carol. That is definetly a better than the link I posted. lol.

Butterfly
Glad you enjoyed the link Those were on an aquatic-photography site I belong to. I can only dream my pics will look that good someday. sigh
Carol

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MeisEpic
Replies
Views
Katie993
Top Bottom