Blue eye fork tails settling in

RDcompton03

Ive had by blue eye forktails for about 10 days now and I love them. They have colored up and are really beautiful and the males are stunning little guys when they display to each other over a female. They are very active rarely stopping small fish that seem to only feed from the top 2/3 of the tank. I had read that they are a shoaling fish but that hasnt been the case with mine. I have them in a heavily planted tank with cherry red and amano shrimp. They seem to totally ignore each other. I have 10 in a 29 gal tank and I may put 5 more in. I'm hoping to be surprised with some fry at some point but I am really happy with this choice and really pleased with the quality of fish received from the breeder.

EmbersToAshes

But where are the pictures?!?

RDcompton03

EmbersToAshes said:
But where are the pictures?!?
Lol, ive tried but these guys dart around so much I haven't been able to get a good picture. I need something with a faster shutter speed than my phone camera.

kallililly1973

If you can do videos you can upload them to youtube and then post the link here as well

TWiG87

Pics! Lol, they sound like a great looking fish

RDcompton03

here is a video of the little guys showing their stuff for the ladies. As rough as it looks they never touch each other. Lots of show but no bite.

[MEDIA = youtube] xUHh_lmBOyI [/ MEDIA]

EmbersToAshes

Wow they really know how to put on a show!

Latest threads

Top Bottom