blue Dwarf Gourami has a hole under his tail fin..

1. fishytails

fishytails New Member Member

Hi everyone,

I am very new to this. I have a 72L tank with a few other fish in it including another dwarf gourami.

My blue DG has a red hole under his tail fin, its really horrible to see. i have taken him out and separated him form the rest of the fish as i am scared that they will be infected also, with whatever it is....

I don't no what to do as i am new to this. Want to help him, feel bad , he's not eating and is very sluggish.

If someone could help me with some tips that would be much apprecated!!
    Thankyou so much:confused::;fg

IMG_2081.jpg this is picture of him

2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to fishlore!!

Im sorry your gourami isnt well though :( Google rectal prolapse as thats what it looks like to me. And then https://www.fishlore.com/NitrogenCycle.htm is something you must read to keep the other fish safe. I know its allot to read, but very necessary.

At the top of the forum, there is a search bar that you can use to get more help on Fishlore. In a 72l tank, the stock is huge and the fish you have in there, are going to hurt one another as theres not enough space for them. Im sorry for all the negative stuff but I do hope things work out ok!!

3. OP
    OP
    fishytails

fishytails New Member Member

Thanks so much for the info. As i said I'm new to this and the little things help.

Ill have a read of the link you posted. Thank you again