Blue Dwarf Gourami Behavior

Discussion in 'Dwarf Gourami' started by Heron, Apr 11, 2019.

1. HeronNew MemberMember

I have 2 blue dwarf gourami in a large tank with various other gouramis. 1 which I think is female swims around normally but the other which I think is male spends it time hiding under some plants and only comes out 20 mins before feeding time. Is this normal?. There is no sign of it building a bubble best in the plants. All water quality tests are good

2. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Giving this a bump up for you hope you get some responses today

3. DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

My guess is they're both males.

4. NierumsValued MemberMember

Hi, so this may not be applicable, but I have a blue Dwarf and a gold, and the first 2 weeks I had them, the gold did nothing but hid in the plants in the corner. I recently started adding plants (water Sprite, Java fern, Java moss, elodea) and ever since he has been put nipping at them, swimming and playing. I don't know if he needed time to acclimate to the tank, or if the plants brought him out, but he's out of hiding. I hope yours does as well!!

5. nanofishneededValued MemberMember

Any signs of aggression between the two of them?

6. HeronNew MemberMember

No aggresion between them or with any of the other fish in the tank. He has been like this for at least 5 weeks now. The tank is heavily planted but he always goes to the same place. If both fish are males do you think getting a female might help?