blue diamond discus breeding pair

Discussion in 'Discus Fish' started by joshua 74, Mar 23, 2010.

1. joshua 74

joshua 74 Valued Member Member

hey all i have found a good store that sells discus witch are all very healthy. they have a pair of blue diamond discus large they are for sale for $400 id this a good price. the tank they are in has eggs on a log that they where protecting is it bad if i was 2 by them now.

2. TedsTank

TedsTank Well Known Member Member

I think the price is good for a breeding pait of Blue Diamonds.

BUT, in you aquarium info it seems you are not sure about your water parameters....you need to get that settled...discus need good, clean, stable water.

This info will bump you out and maybe one of our experts will get with you.

3. Slug

Slug Well Known Member Member

Depends. That price could swing either way. Really depends on their quality. Even stunted discus can lay eggs and breed successfully. If they arn't stunted and are relatively high quality then yes $400 sounds reasonable. Though typically the classic, common strains will sell for less.

If you can go back a few days in a row, see if the eggs turn white. $400 is good for a proven pair, but a beginning pair that has never gotten at least to the wiggler/free swimming stage yet is a little steep. I've seen two females pair before...so you really want to try and confirm that its a male and female by seeing if the eggs get fertilized. White eggs = bad eggs. Brown eggs past day one and two = good eggs.

Do you happen to have any pictures?

4. OP
    OP
    joshua 74

ok i will go back. I get my water checked once a week for everything the ph testing I do myself everyday. i have an 80L spear tank witch i normally youse as a quarantine tank if I pout a breeding pair in there would they be ok.

5. a

acea091489 Valued Member Member

It is a decent price. I would look around to see if anyone has a lower price, BUT make sure to ask for pics of them spawning, and eating, etc...

6. OP
    OP
    joshua 74

i looked around and i found a breeding pair of turquoise discus in the end i paid 250 but these are the best discus i have seen in a long time the female is 25cm. i will pout pics on asap i cannot believe my luck they are almost perfect

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice