Blue Damselfish

Twiggs

Reaction score
I have a 45 gal tank and made the mistake of making 3 blue damsels my first inhabitants about 6 weeks ago. I tried to put 2 more in yesterday but the originals murdered them in just a few hours. After researching a little (Shoulda done that first), it looks like there isn't much hope for me introducing any other fish without a repeat of this episode. Anybody have a suggestion on species or size that the damsels won't harass to death? Its a live rock, fish only tank.

des

Reaction score
I made a similar mistake, shops and books recommend them cos there hardy but there agressive. my first fish were a pair of clowns and damsels second, my damsels went beat down on all of my additions after that but fortunatly they've all been bigger fish that after a bit of time stood up for themselves.

agsansoo

Well Known
Reaction score
I did the same thing, don't feel bad. I took my blue damsels back to the LFS after they killed two perc clowns I introduced after the blue damsels. I had to take every last piece of live rock out of the tank, just to catch them. >
Good luck with your demon fish ! LOL

des

Reaction score
lol that's why mine are currently still in there. little buggers!

diver28

Reaction score
so if I want damsel fish in my tank should I put them in last? I was thinking to put clowns in first, tangs and angels second. Puffers and damsels last?

chris2

Reaction score
I have 3 damsels, 2 are males. I love the color of them, but they gotta go. They are a nightmare. I added 2 clowns and the female cut the tank in half. The clowns love hiding places at night, but I didn't think behind the protein skimmer would be that place. Luckily, my mandarin doesn't care about them. He just goes wherever the **** he wants.

New Threads