Blue Cray Fish Care

Anthony DiMezza
what do I need to to put in the tank (especially how much gravel cause I heard they like to burrow under the gravel) and water conditions to make a nice environment for him. and yes I know they're escape artist lol

Gundy1024
Water conditions are pretty much the same as your basic tropical fish. I have an Electric Blue in my 60 galloncommunity tank. It has about 2 inches of gravel/sand mix with driftwood and a small cave setup. He has done well in the tank and aside from tearing up most of my plants I have been pretty happy with him. He has cleared out a few places he likes to hide, but for the most part he hangs out in the caves.

Attachments

• 20180404_160416.jpg
    20180404_160416.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 122
Anthony DiMezza
Water conditions are pretty much the same as your basic tropical fish. I have an Electric Blue in my 60 galloncommunity tank. It has about 2 inches of gravel/sand mix with driftwood and a small cave setup. He has done well in the tank and aside from tearing up most of my plants I have been pretty happy with him. He has cleared out a few places he likes to hide, but for the most part he hangs out in the caves.
is putting sand mixed with gravel necessary or will he be okay with just gravel?

Gundy1024
He will be fine with gravel, I just have the sand as a bottom layer for my plants.

Anthony DiMezza
is alkaline/calcium/ iodine levels important in a blue cray tank? alos what are the recommended levels for everything( kh, gh, tds ect..)

Lonefishkeeper
Yes it is VERY IMPORTANT!!

Magnesium calcium and iodine and other minerals are important

Anthony DiMezza
is there a way to include magnesium/iodine in there diet instead of constantly testing it and adding it? like I know calcium I can just incorporate in there diet.

Lonefishkeeper
Crayfish do get calcium from their diets but get it mostly from the water

Lonefishkeeper
I recommend using HikarI Crab Cuisine

It has lots of things crayfish need

Anthony DiMezza
I recommend using HikarI Crab Cuisine

It has lots of things crayfish need
it has been added to my cart on amazon haha thank you. how often wouls you I should add calcium/magnesium/iodine in the tank (20 gallon tank)

Lonefishkeeper
Like once a week

What do you use give them that

Anthony DiMezza
what are healthy readings for magnisum/iodine/calcium for blue lobsters

Lonefishkeeper
I don’t know exactly but I know it’s high

What test kit do you use

Anthony DiMezza
I don’t know exactly but I know it’s high

What test kit do you use
apI for calcium and seachem for iodine and salifert for magnesium

2006fuzz
I’ve never tested for iodine or magnesium. They get both of those from a good staple food. I do place cuttlebone in the biomedia compartment of my filters and replace once it’s fully dissolved.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
waterlilykari
Replies
Views
2211Nighthawk
Replies
Views
swordtail123
Replies
Views