Blue Carbon Rili Genetics

Discussion in 'Shrimps and Crabs' started by Ste, Apr 24, 2017.

1. SteValued MemberMember

How do i enhance the blue color on the white line? At least give it a blueish color.

2. jlm418Valued MemberMember

Not an expert. But you would either need to inbreed if you have ones that look how you want. Or find new blood with what you want.

3. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Cull out the ones with less blue. Add in new blue rili stock with the blue you want.

Do your current blue rilis not have blue?

4. SteValued MemberMember

They do but i want the clear stripes to have at least a blueish color

5. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Then they're not rilis. The point of a blue rili is to be striped, with the non-blue strips clear or whitish. If you want more blue, get different shrimp, like blue dreams or blue velvets.

6. SteValued MemberMember

The blue on the non stripe is more of a dark blue tho, not blue blue but a bit dark dark blue..

7. SteValued MemberMember

Also on google, if u search it it looks like a blueish stripe, is it normal or just great strains?

8. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

I'm not quite sure what you want. Can you take a picture of your shrimp?

9. SteValued MemberMember

Thats the problem, theyre in my pond.. ive setted up my tank but feels it needs a little more vegetation so i havent added them yet.. maybe tommorow i can post a new thread on my shrimp.. its night in my country..

10. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Hopefully they survive in your pond. They're easy prey for predators.

You don't need to post a new thread. Just post pics to this one.

11. SteValued MemberMember

Thanks 4 ur concern but its a small 50 - 70cm diameter round pond,, and lots of lilipads and moss to hide..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice