Blue Butterfly Spawn | Page 2

Discussion in 'Martinismommy' started by Martinismommy, Feb 18, 2009.

1. MissMTS

MissMTSFishlore VIPMember

Hi MM :)

I haven't been on in a while, but I am glad to hear that your betta breeding is still going great. Your pair is beautiful! Congrats on another sucessful spawn :) How are you other babies doing?

2. OP
    OP
    Martinismommy

MartinismommyFishlore VIPMember

I sold all of my BF and Copper spawns..I'm growing out my MG spawn now they are 7 weeks old..There are a LOT of them! You can see the progress in the close up of the nest thread...

How have you been?

3. MissMTS

MissMTSFishlore VIPMember

I've been good, just really busy. Sadly I don't have my bettas any more though. I couldn't keep up with the water changes and tank maintenance on 9 tanks. I had to re-home the last of my little guys and now I just have my 3 large tanks and patio pond. Its a lot easier only having an hour of water changes per week instead of three! Now I just get to drool over all of your gorgeous babies! I will check out the nest thread to see the pics. You sure have come a long way with your breeding. Congrats on all of your sucess! Have you started selling them on aquabid?

4. OP
    OP
    Martinismommy

Thank you MTS...Yes, I sold most of them on E-bay and Aquabid...They all went very quick!

5. Matt

MattWell Known MemberMember

All Your Bettas Are So Gorgeous MM:)

I Am SO Jealous OF Them. Here In Aus All Our Bettas Are Not Very Nice Colours.

-Matt:;th

6. AquarAdvent

AquarAdventValued MemberMember

Ah, the circle of life! The pictures of the fry are so cute! You are a very talented betta breeder.

7. Matt

MattWell Known MemberMember

Yes she is a very talented breeder:)

-Matt:;th

8. CHoffman

CHoffmanFishlore VIPMember

What a good daddy!!..He looks so cute up there by his little wigglers. I bet he was one tired boy.

9. midnightwolf

midnightwolfWell Known MemberMember

i would love to have one of his fry... wow

10. OP
    OP
    Martinismommy

We are on day 6 now and everything is coming along as normal as can be...The spawn is really small and that is a good thing....Removing the female after an hour seems to have worked....The babies are starting to eat their microworms and are free swimming all around the tank.....This should be a beautiful spawn when they mature....I'm very excited about these little blue babies!

Attached Files:

11. midnightwolf

midnightwolfWell Known MemberMember

what is that large orange thing in the pic?

12. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

great babies..and what a faboo camera..you can even see the hairs coming off the snail(at least thats what it looks like) LOL

13. OP
    OP
    Martinismommy

That orange thing would be a mystery snail ....

Thanks Mother Goose!

14. Red1313

Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

Hmmm... would now be a good time to beg for an update of sorts?... I probably shouldn't b/c I understand that MM is busy with life and her babies right now... so I won't bother her. Nope I won't. nope nope nope...
    :;laughing
    Who am i kidding... I know!
    How are the non-breeder boys MM? :p

P.S.
    I just added this onto this thread b/c it's you blog and I didn't want to start a new thread on it :p Don't be mad :;a1

15. CHoffman

CHoffmanFishlore VIPMember

Yup I would love an update too..I've been dying to see these babies!!!

16. pinkfloydpuffer

pinkfloydpufferFishlore VIPMember

Yes, I wanna see them! :D

17. hkirchen

hkirchenWell Known MemberMember

Pics, Pics Pics!!!!:clapping:

18. OP
    OP
    Martinismommy

They have been very slow growers for some odd reason...I haven't taken any pictures yet but I will soon...I also bred him to my mustard gas girl and those are REALLY nice! I've been slacking on my photo taking of the little ones because of all my teens I've been selling....

Pictures soon, I promise lol

19. pinkfloydpuffer

pinkfloydpufferFishlore VIPMember

Gah! Must see the butterfly/MG babies!!!!!! :eek:
    Come on Karen, we need pics! We all know you have tons of free time to spare :p ;)

20. Amanda

AmandaFishlore VIPMember

Picccssss......