Blue Butterfly Spawn

Discussion in 'Martinismommy' started by Martinismommy, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Martinismommy

MartinismommyFishlore VIPMember

I started this spawn on Feb. 13th...It took 3 days for them to actually spawn....This was by far the hardest most aggressive spawn I've had to date..

They finally spawned on Feb. 16th at 1:45 pm.....I took her out after an hour....My goal is a small spawn this time..

Here is the starting video of the progress of this spawn...Daddy has been an excellent Father considering it is his 1st breeding....

Eggs hatched and are raining down this morning..(Feb. 18th 7am)

211.jpg

2. capekate

capekateFishlore VIPMember

Ohh he is a beauty! Is the mate also a blue and white? I cant open your video tho. :-\
    Congratulations on another spawn and best of luck with them.
    :)

3. OP
    OP
    Martinismommy

Thank you Kate...Here is the female....She is a GORGEOUS little lady!

Attached Files:

• Blue Butterfly Spawn
      2.jpg
      File size:
      140.6 KB
      Views:
  4. capekate

Oh she sure is! ;D That is going to be a beautiful pairing off for sure! :clapping:

5. Shaina

ShainaWell Known MemberMember

Oh good luck...that girl is really pretty, and the guy is absolutely stunning.

6. CHoffman

CHoffmanFishlore VIPMember

Their babies are going to be soooo pretty MM. Looks like so far it was sucessful. I hope he keeps up the good work. I'm anxious to see how these babies look when they get older.

7. Emory

EmoryWell Known MemberMember

Wow. They are both gorgeous. The video is super clear, too. Thank you for sharing! I really enjoyed the shot of the little guys dropping and wiggling back up. Keep us posted, please, because I love watching the progress of your spawns.

8. capekate

after reading the above post about watching the video and it being so clear, I thought to myself I must have done something wrong. So tried again. Silly mee..... :oops: I clicked on the bar instead of the body of the video page. No wonder all I saw was the photo of the male betta and nothing else.. jeesh...
    BUT at least I was now able to watch the video. It was amazing Karen! :)
    Did I spot mama going to the bottom of the tank and eat something? hmmm.. was that eggs per chance? ;) oo ooo....
    Daddy seems to be doing very well as a first time Dad.. awww.. how sweet!
    Best of luck with them. :;sn

9. OP
    OP
    Martinismommy

The Mommy and Daddy both gather the eggs and insert them into the nest Kate....Some Mothers decide to snack on them lol...This Mommy actually did all the work while the Dad blew fresh bubbles......

10. CHoffman

How old do this babes have to be before you can sell them MM?? ;)

11. OP
    OP
    Martinismommy

CH.....I start selling them at 3.5 months old....

12. CHoffman

Thanks MM...I'll be waiting. Seriously I'm in love with the dad..He is SOOOO pretty..I have a couple of empty 10 gallons so let me know

13. capekate

Oh thats good... whew.. for a minute there I thought she was snacking..lol.
    :nono:

14. bettafish2816

bettafish2816Fishlore VIPMember

Wow, congratulations!!! 3.5 months.....so beginning of june? hmmm.....my birthday is in july....perhaps one of your beautiful boys or girls can be an early birthday present to myself......

15. Matt

MattWell Known MemberMember

Wow. They are amazing:)

You are so very lucky:)

-Matt:;th

16. Amanda

AmandaFishlore VIPMember

Beautiful bettas & a great vid!
    You're going to have your hands full with your other spawn & now this one too!

17. Red1313

Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

I'm torn now MM :;juggle
    Do I like the MG or the blue BF pair better... so many decisions and so few tanks... You are very very cruel. :p

18. OP
    OP
    Martinismommy

I took Daddy out yesterday afternoon (Feb 19th) He had been in the spawn tank for 6 days and was looking really tired...He hadn't ate since the 13th so I knew he was hungry....He is a fantastic Daddy! Very attentive to his fry...

This is a really small spawn...I removed the female after 1 hour of spawning to keep my numbers down....I'm guessing maybe 30 are in there...After my spawn of 100 plus I just didn't want to go there again!

Here is Daddy caring for his fry..

Attached Files:

• Blue Butterfly Spawn
      9.jpg
      File size:
      259.1 KB
      Views:
    • Blue Butterfly Spawn
      2 19.jpg
      File size:
      140.1 KB
      Views:
    • Blue Butterfly Spawn
      6.jpg
      File size:
      229.5 KB
      Views:
  19. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

he is amazing! how did mom fair?

20. OP
    OP
    Martinismommy

Mom did great! She put all the eggs in the nest...She got tore up but she is eating good and recovering...