Blue/Black Marbled Butterfly Boy vs. CT Mustard gas/blue Boy - who do I get?

Which Betta do I get: The male Marbled Butterfly, or the Male CT MG/Blue?

• Marbled Butterfly (SEE POST BELOW FOR LINK TO PIC)

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • CT Mustard gas/Blue (SEE POST BELOW FOR LINK TO PIC)

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
Blub
Well, I'm faced with a tricky one and I need help!
Do I get this little boy:
Or this cutie:

EDIT: I can't edit the poll, but please say if you prefer him:
Or this guy:

Just vote which is your fave! I know the CT will be really shiny - all Bettas I've seen that are that colour are really shiny, metallic and turquoise in person. Yes, I know it's a bad pic of him but I can't help!

Thanks guys for helping me decide on which Betta to get!

Martinismommy
I like the 2nd boy...

tkfury
I like the second one as well, I really like the white tips.

Shawnie
I like the marbled boy also

Martinismommy
I'm not crazy about the crowntail boy......Another thing to consider is she knows all the breeding info on the 2nd boy...She goes into detail all about his parents birthday etc.....If it were me, that would be a definite factor when it came to paying that kind of money for a fish.....(and trust me, I know) lol

Good luck!

Blub
Just out of interest, is it a 'really prefer' or a 'like him a bit better, but the other guy is OK'. I might email the seller of the first boy to see if he has any pics of his face, and just how shiny he is. If flash was used that might have 'disturbed' the pic. I'm going to let this poll mature a bit, and by then a good seller I know of should have more stock in, then if he has some good ones I'll pit them against each other in a new poll and make my decision.

Can any of you identify the second boy's fin type?

Shawnie
Just out of interest, is it a 'really prefer' or a 'like him a bit better, but the other guy is OK'. I might email the seller of the first boy to see if he has any pics of his face, and just how shiny he is. If flash was used that might have 'disturbed' the pic. I'm going to let this poll mature a bit, and by then a good seller I know of should have more stock in, then if he has some good ones I'll pit them against each other in a new poll and make my decision.

I can tell you really love the first boy don't you

Blub
I can tell you really love the first boy don't you

Well, in the pic the 1st boy looks to be the same colour as a Lavendar I missed at my LFS that I l-oved, but come to think of it a lot of pics of blue Betta look that colour...

Martinismommy
Well, in the pic the 1st boy looks to be the same colour as a Lavendar I missed at my LFS that I l-oved, but come to think of it a lot of pics of blue Betta look that colour...

He doesn't look lavendar to me..He looks aqua blue like my boy Kix...I love the aqua blue...You have to go with what your heart is telling you...I just get a little outspoken at times...Don't pay attention to what I think lol

One more thing..I'm a crowntail admirer..I guess because I have adorered them so deeply I like a certain look..

I'll shut up now...

Blub
He doesn't look lavendar to me..He looks aqua blue like my boy Kix...I love the aqua blue...You have to go with what your heart is telling you...I just get a little outspoken at times...Don't pay attention to what I think lol

Could you post pics of Kix for me? I really hate being disapointed, especcialy about betta! I know ne's not lavendzr, but it's the same blue colour I've seen on a lavendar at the LFS.

Well, I'm going to decide for myself, but use this thread to help me out.

Shawnie
kix is to die for!!

Martinismommy
Here is my boy "Kix" He is an Aqua blue with a black head...

230.jpg

Here is Dunn..He is a TRUE Lavendar/Gold boy...Both are Crowntails...

127.jpg

Shawnie
drooling

Martinismommy
Shawnie, I bought both these boys at petco..I still can't believe they came from there..You should see the 2 crowntail boys I saw there yesterday! OMG to die for! We get a lot of pretty fish out here..If I knew how to ship I'd help you all out lol

Blub
Kix is lovely! I'm stupid - that Betta wasn't a lavender! He was one of those white bodied and red blue sheen ones! Aren't they a kind of cambodian? I thought they where lavenders.

I'm going to email seller of the CT and ask about his face. If it's black, then I'll go for another boy. If it ain't, maybe I can get him to finish the auction early, so if I lose I still get the chance of the second. Can you ID the second ones fin type?

Martinismommy
Shawnie,

Isn't the 2nd boy the same breed as your gorgeous green boy that you thought was a girl?

Shawnie
Shawnie, I bought both these boys at petco..I still can't believe they came from there..You should see the 2 crowntail boys I saw there yesterday! OMG to die for! We get a lot of pretty fish out here..If I knew how to ship I'd help you all out lol

ah...err...even tho you are MY FAV LADY IN THE SHOE!!! Um I have 7 betta's....for the love of fishies, isn't that enough? LOL

Shawnie
Shawnie,

Isn't the 2nd boy the same breed as your gorgeous green boy that you thought was a girl?

nopers mufasa is a plakat aka the girl I thought I had LOL

COBettaCouple
Yea, I like both, but the first one edges out due to the breeder.

chickadee
I voted for the Marbled Blue boy as the other person does not even know what a Mustard Gas is. That fish is not a Mustard Gas at all. Sorry it is a nice looking fish but the Marbled Boy is coming from a much more knowledgeable person.
The Marbled Blue boy is a SuperDelta Male. His father was stated as a Halfmoon and mother a Super Delta so due to the fact that Halfmoon is recessive it is not a surprise he would favor his mothers side and be a Super Delta with Halfmoon tendencies.

Rose

Tazmiche
Try KG Bettas also. But 2nd betta for sure, just make sure it isn't a random betta pic that has been posted on ebay!!

Blub
I voted for the Marbled Blue boy as the other person does not even know what a Mustard Gas is. That fish is not a Mustard Gas at all. Sorry it is a nice looking fish but the Marbled Boy is coming from a much more knowledgeable person.
The Marbled Blue boy is a SuperDelta Male. His father was stated as a Halfmoon and mother a Super Delta so due to the fact that Halfmoon is recessive it is not a surprise he would favor his mothers side and be a Super Delta with Halfmoon tendencies.

Rose
I acctualy read a article on what a Mustard gas is yesterday... Apparently the original one is so confused by breeders not many people know what it is! I have just realized - the Marbled Betta is currently in the county right next door to me! I could actually drive to his tank right now in under 2 hours I bet! 1 Bid on the marbled though. At least he can go up a bit untI lhe reaches my max bid of £14. ($28)

Blub
Try KG Bettas also. But 2nd betta for sure, just make sure it isn't a random betta pic that has been posted on ebay!!

Is KG Bettas a UK eBay Betta seller? Lol, I hope it's not you who bid on the Marbled! That would be wierd... Bidding your heart out on a Betta, and then discovering your friend down at the forum won him!

pamd
I voted for the marbled guy. I like his butterfly pattern. The seller has 100% positive feedback, too, which is great.

I notice the other seller does as well, and with more sales. But that seems a little surprising considering he/she listed the betta as a mustard gas. If he's done that much, it seems he'd have some negative feedback from people who thought they were getting a mustard gas and figured the color in the picture was off.

I know you were very disappointed to lose that other beauty on eBay, so maybe this will come through for you. Good luck!

Tazmiche
Is KG Bettas a UK eBay Betta seller? Lol, I hope it's not you who bid on the Marbled! That would be wierd... Bidding your heart out on a Betta, and then discovering your friend down at the forum won him!

try aswell!!! BTW KG is a uk site and no I have 6 bettas plus 2 community tanks at mo so not bidding!!!!

chickadee
I will hope that you get whichever one that you decide that you want but I know which one I hope you get. I had one just like him.

Rose

Blub
try aswell!!! BTW KG is a uk site and no I have 6 bettas plus 2 community tanks at mo so not bidding!!!!

I've been to that site... Its kind of ironic - the guy who ownes that site is the guy who won the last Betta auction I bid on! I can't wait to see the Betta I wanted grow up, and he uses a forum I'm on as well.

Blub
Here's my new plan:
Try my best to get the Marbled, but if I fail, try get the CT. Keep voting!

JasperII
The marble butterfly has an interesting look. But I do like tourquise. Tough choice! Dunn the Lavender is Stunning! Wow! Good luck and have fun choosing.

Allie

Rose
I'd go with the marbled too. The other person isn't too knowledgeable about colors.

Blub
I'd go with the marbled too. The other person isn't too knowledgeable about colors.

I think the fact the marbled would have leas than 2 hours in the post from where he is now is a big bonus!

Blub
I'm closing this poll now because I just found 2 other guys and I think it would be easier to decide which one if I had a poll that covered all of them!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Donnerjay
Replies
Views
Blub
Replies
Views
sharkbaithoohah
Replies
Views