Blue/Black Marbled Butterfly Boy vs. CT Mustard gas/blue Boy - who do I get?

Which Betta do I get: The male Marbled Butterfly, or the Male CT MG/Blue?

• Marbled Butterfly (SEE POST BELOW FOR LINK TO PIC)

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • CT Mustard gas/Blue (SEE POST BELOW FOR LINK TO PIC)

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

Blub

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well, I'm faced with a tricky one and I need help!
Do I get this little boy:
Or this cutie:

EDIT: I can't edit the poll, but please say if you prefer him:
Or this guy:

Just vote which is your fave! I know the CT will be really shiny - all Bettas I've seen that are that colour are really shiny, metallic and turquoise in person. Yes, I know it's a bad pic of him but I can't help!

Thanks guys for helping me decide on which Betta to get!

Last edited:

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm not crazy about the crowntail boy......Another thing to consider is she knows all the breeding info on the 2nd boy...She goes into detail all about his parents birthday etc.....If it were me, that would be a definate factor when it came to paying that kind of money for a fish.....(and trust me, I know) lol

Good luck!

Blub

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just out of interest, is it a 'really prefer' or a 'like him a bit better, but the other guy is OK'. I might email the seller of the first boy to see if he has any pics of his face, and just how shiny he is. If flash was used that might have 'disturbed' the pic. I'm going to let this poll mature a bit, and by then a good seller I know of should have more stock in, then if he has some good ones I'll pit them against each other in a new poll and make my decision.

Can any of you identify the second boy's fin type?

Last edited:

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just out of interest, is it a 'really prefer' or a 'like him a bit better, but the other guy is OK'. I might email the seller of the first boy to see if he has any pics of his face, and just how shiny he is. If flash was used that might have 'disturbed' the pic. I'm going to let this poll mature a bit, and by then a good seller I know of should have more stock in, then if he has some good ones I'll pit them against each other in a new poll and make my decision.
I can tell you really love the first boy dont you

Blub

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I can tell you really love the first boy dont you
Well, in the pic the 1st boy looks to be the same colour as a Lavendar I missed at my LFS that I l-oved, but come to think of it a lot of pics of blue Betta look that colour...

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, in the pic the 1st boy looks to be the same colour as a Lavendar I missed at my LFS that I l-oved, but come to think of it a lot of pics of blue Betta look that colour...
He doesn't look lavendar to me..He looks aqua blue like my boy Kix...I love the aqua blue...You have to go with what your heart is telling you...I just get a little outspoken at times...Don't pay attention to what I think lol

One more thing..I'm a crowntail admirer..I guess because I have adorered them so deeply I like a certain look..

I'll shut up now...

Last edited:

Blub

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He doesn't look lavendar to me..He looks aqua blue like my boy Kix...I love the aqua blue...You have to go with what your heart is telling you...I just get a little outspoken at times...Don't pay attention to what I think lol
Could you post pics of Kix for me? I really hate being disapointed, especcialy about betta! I know ne's not lavendzr, but it's the same blue colour I've seen on a lavendar at the LFS.

Well, I'm going to decide for myself, but use this thread to help me out.

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Here is my boy "Kix" He is an Aqua blue with a black head...
230.jpg

Here is Dunn..He is a TRUE Lavendar/Gold boy...Both are Crowntails...
127.jpg

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Shawnie, I bought both these boys at petco..I still can't believe they came from there..You should see the 2 crowntail boys I saw there yesterday! OMG to die for! We get a lot of pretty fish out here..If I knew how to ship I'd help you all out lol

Blub

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Kix is lovely! I'm stupid - that Betta wasn't a lavender! He was one of those white bodied and red blue sheen ones! Aren't they a kind of cambodian? I thought they where lavenders.

I'm going to email seller of the CT and ask about his face. If it's black, then I'll go for another boy. If it ain't, maybe I can get him to finish the auction early, so if I lose I still get the chance of the second. Can you ID the second ones fin type?

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Shawnie, I bought both these boys at petco..I still can't believe they came from there..You should see the 2 crowntail boys I saw there yesterday! OMG to die for! We get a lot of pretty fish out here..If I knew how to ship I'd help you all out lol
ah...err...even tho you are MY FAV LADY IN THE SHOE!!! Um i have 7 betta's....for the love of fishies, isnt that enough? LOL

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I voted for the Marbled Blue boy as the other person does not even know what a Mustard Gas is. That fish is not a Mustard Gas at all. Sorry it is a nice looking fish but the Marbled Boy is coming from a much more knowledgeable person.
The Marbled Blue boy is a SuperDelta Male. His father was stated as a Halfmoon and mother a Super Delta so due to the fact that Halfmoon is recessive it is not a surprise he would favor his mothers side and be a Super Delta with Halfmoon tendencies.

Rose

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom