blue and paradise gouramis

Kevin
I have a new 29 g. tank with two 2.5" paradise gouramis(1 male and 1 female) and one 2" female blue gourami. they are doing GREAT ;D together and was wondering if (and when) I should add a male blue gourami, should I add him soon, so the males don't fight, or should I wait for my tank to finish the cycle b4 I add new fish ???

Radcliffe
Great start! My 29 gallon took a long time to cycle and I think it was because I added a lot of fish. So, I recommend testing your water daily, and waiting till the end of the cycle to add more fish.

--R

Butterfly
Personally I wouldn't add a male Gourami. Male gouramis and Male Paradise fish are super aggressive with each other and one may kill the other. Especially at spawning time.
Carol

Kevin
do you think I should trade the blue in and get another female paradise?

Butterfly
That is a good idea! Since it will spread his "attentions" around a little. Years ago mine spawned and they hatched but the free swimmers died(I didn't know how to take care of them). They were just beautiful. The Paradise fish build a bubble nest like the betta does to spawn in.
Carol

Kevin
I would hate to do that...i'm really starting to like her

Butterfly
You could always wait and see what happens, I just wouldn't add a male Gourami to teh mix.
Carol

Kevin
ok, thanks for your advice ;D ;D ;D

Butterfly
Welcome!
Carol

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Davidh9054
Replies