Blue And Green Chromis Scholling

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by Freind, Jul 29, 2017.

1. FreindValued MemberMember

Hello everyone,

I read that the Blue and Green Chromis should be kept in a small group of at least six.

My question is, is three of both types can be concider complete group.
    And do they get along with each other and stay together in one group.

Thank you,

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicksFishlore VIPMember

Hello!

They won't school together, and chromis are shoaling fish which basically means they'll whittle each other down until the most dominant (or sometimes most 2 dominant) remain. There are plenty of cases where people will buy 10 and end up with 1 or 2. They kinda are just an aggressive fish unless the tank is very large and they sparsely separate themself (and even then, it's no assurance that won't attack one another)

How big is this tank? You *might* be able to get away with one of each if there is adequate space.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

3. OP
    OP
    F

FreindValued MemberMember

My tank is 75gl and I have rocks in there. The only reason I choose to combine them because, on live aquaria, these two are peaceful and compatible with each other.

4. KinsKicks

Live aquaria is a good site; but sometimes their information isn't always the best.

I've only ever seen a "peaceful" school of chromis only if your tank is like extremely huge or the Saltwater gods are smiling down on you :p. Like 95% of the time; it whittle down to the most dominant or a pair.

Do you have any other fish?

5. OP
    OP
    F

6. KinsKicks

What kind of tang? The hippo (dory) would be unsuitable while a powder could work, but you only are left with being able to house 3-4 smaller species.

Are you looking for a stocking out of curiosity?

7. OP
    OP
    F

Which fish is good for schooling, but not expensive and peaceful

8. KinsKicks

How about cardinals? They don't necessarily school, but hey do shoal and will fit swimmingly in a 75g.

9. OP
    OP
    F

I like Cardinals
    But very slow
    I don't think they can keep up with Tang specially when the tank size not too big.

10. KinsKicks

It'll be hard; the cardinals are the only real option you have that could fit. The issue with tangs, and especially your tangs, is that because the tank is so small, they are more prone to acting out aggressively to any fish slower than it, unlike if they were in a suitable sized tank.

11. ilovefishys17Valued MemberMember

Hi, I have 3 green chromis had 4 but power went out and 1 died. Mine school fine I got them at the same time and the same size. I think they will work for you and I have mine in with a blue tang, sailfin tang, and naso tang.

12. OP
    OP
    F

Any suggestion on
    Blue Sapphire Damselfish (Chrysiptera springeri)
    or
    Azure Damselfish (Chrysiptera hemicyanea)
    or
    Rolland's Damselfish (Chrysiptera rollandi)

13. ilovefishys17Valued MemberMember

If your doing a community tank I would say no to the damsels. I have 2 domino damsels and their mean. Every time I got a new fish they would pick on it if in their territory.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice