Bloody Mary Vs Cherry Shrimp?

Marie19734

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I am new to keeping shrimp but really want to try. I was going to get Red Cherry Shrimp because I read about how easy they are to keep, then at our LFS I found Bloody Mary Shrimp & I like their color more. Are Bloody Mary's harder to keep or are they close to the same thing as Red Cherry Shrimp? I am waiting for my tank to finish cycling so I have time to decide. I have a 15gal with real plants & guppies to help the cycling right now. Also I've read conflicting information on whether or not the guppies will harm my shrimp, any opinions on if I should move the gummpies before adding the shrimp?

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
They are the same species, just a different color variant. Red cherries have red shells, while bloody marys have clear shells and red flesh.

Guppies probably won't be an issue with adults if you provide a lot of plant cover and hiding spaces, but they'll eat any shrimplets that they can get.

Marie19734

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok, thank you. Glad to hear they are as easy to take care of. I will probably remove the Guppies before I get the shrimp then.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom