Bloodworms serving to my corycat

1. konstargirl Well Known Member Member

Today I gave my fish hikari frozen bloodworms and they went crazy over them. I was making sure to see if my cory will get some, but all the other fish ate most of the worms. So I was wondering is there anyway I can serve her the bloodworms without my fish attacking them the next time I give bloodworms and how often should I give them the worms? Can I give it to them twice a week??

2. Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

I feed frozen foods twice a week & it is no problem. Actually it's really good for most fish. To get them down to your cory, either pour them in directly in front of the filter outlet & they should get washed right around the tank before your fish have a chance to eat them all. The other way is to pour them in from as high above the tank as you can without making a mess. The extra force downwards will force some of the worms straight to the bottom.

3. konstargirl Well Known Member Member

Oh okay thanks. I left some bloodworms at the bottom of the tank so that she'll eat a little bit, but unfortunaly everyone ate the onece that were at the bottom. :3

4. David C Well Known Member Member

Another good method is to feed all the greedy guys on one side of your tank, and then while they're all distracted you drop some food on the opposite side. It should sink before the greedy ones figure out there's more food and voila... the cory's get their snack.

Dave

5. Elodea Well Known Member Member

Use a turkey baster to eject food next to your cory. Since most fish scavenge at the bottom for leftovers anyways, your other fish would get their share, but it gives the cory an upper hand at getting the food.