Bloodworms=death?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Mjcool, Jan 3, 2018.

1. MjcoolNew MemberMember

Didn't exactly know how to go about this since this is my first time posting on any kind of forum. Any who... I have a well established 29 g freshwater with about 10 guppies, constant fry, RCS. They have been through everything from upgrading to my now 29g, adding substrates, aquascaping, panting the tank. All of that at different times and mind you this is my first more serious tank. That said I'll get to my question lol sorry, I bought a tire track a eel and everything was good. Till adding the blood worms l "frozen" and yes I thaw them, and now I'm losing at least a guppy or two a day, is there a disease that can come with frozen food is what I'm asking I guess, sorry to any who had to read all of that for me to get to the point. Thx=)

2. Greg F

Greg FWell Known MemberMember

I suppose there could be but I would be really surprised if that were the case..Is it possible they are not used to eating them , leaving more food to decompose and spike your ammonia? What are the water parameters?

3. FishFish221

FishFish221Well Known MemberMember

Are you using the tank water to thaw the bloodworms?
    Are there any abnormal behaviour from the guppies before dying?
    How long has the tank been set up?
    Have you been doing water changes?

4. Greg F

Greg FWell Known MemberMember

Also , a tire track eel can grow to about 2 and a half feet. So your tank is about 10 x too small.

5. OP
    OP
    M

MjcoolNew MemberMember

3yo daughter thought my kit was evil as 2 days ago, will be getting another this evening, as far as left overs, I thawed half a cube and it was all eaten, is there a chance they are choking

6. OP
    OP
    M

MjcoolNew MemberMember

Lol yes I found that out, but luckily my neighbor is a good guy and will take him in a week

7. OP
    OP
    M

MjcoolNew MemberMember

Yes, I use tank water to thaw, the tank has been set up for about 4 months maybe a tad more, and yes lol as much as my wife hates how attentive I am to the tank I do my duties, and as far as behavior, nothin, perfect then belly up

8. OP
    OP
    M

MjcoolNew MemberMember

I don't know if it's me and constantly staring at them but I swear the ones that go next start to lose color, and out of the 6 dead ones there was only one male

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice