bloodworm fiesta.

Coffey5030
I just dropped in some bloodworms and the tank erupted! How often can I feed with bloodworms?

Amanda
I read that you can supplement their diet with bloodworms a few times a week.

pepetj
I feed whole bloodworms in gel (from Tetra) twice a week. They really enjoy it, I just limit the amount when in doubt about it (e.g. African Cichlids that may require a veggie oriented diet). So far no problems.

Pepe
Santo Domingo

COBettaCouple
Are you using frozen or freeze-dried worms?

Shawnie
depends on the type of fish...Mine get it at dinner time with their brine shrimp everyday

Coffey5030
I am using the frozen worms.

Shawnie
mine eat them everyday ....

Dark_Rider2k3
I feed my betta them every other day, once on that day. They love them.

As for my other fish, I feed them it once a week.

Coffey5030
Does it create more waste? I've also noticed some of the tetras can't tell the difference between bloodworms and bala shark stool. They spit it out immediately but its still gross. Can this behavior make them sick?

Shawnie
it doesn't create more waste if you aren't overfeeding..and I'm sure they test waste all the time..fish are actually piggies in their former life LOL ...I see my fish mistake poo for food daily..they do spit it out if its not to their liking, so you will be fine...

nitz
I just dropped in some bloodworms and the tank erupted! How often can I feed with bloodworms?

on the container of my freeze dried bloodworms (tetra brand), it says to feed them 2 or 3 times a week. I usually just give it to them every third day but I guess it's really just up to you in the end...

Butterfly
I think freeze dried would cause more of a problem than frozen just because they are dried. Seems they would absorb moisture from the stomach in order to be digested. This may cause constipation more easily.
As for how often to feed definitely depends on the fish and their protein/veggie needs.
Carol

COBettaCouple
Thawed frozen HikarI bloodworms are our main food for the Bettas and Angels.

Butterfly
I do feed a very little freeze dried food because we and the fish prefer frozen. found out today frozen cyclops is small enough for the young angel fry.
Carol

COBettaCouple
I'll have to look for that. I don't recall having seen it.

Butterfly
I'll have to look for that. I don't recall having seen it.
It's smaller than Daphnia. I believe the package says 200 micron size.
carol

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Flounderman555
Replies
Views
TheFishGirl
  • PlantedCommunityTank132
  • Fish Food
Replies
Views