Bloodfin Tetra, Gold Barb Or More Danios 30 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by FriarThomasIII, Apr 13, 2018.

1. FriarThomasIII

FriarThomasIII Well Known Member Member

So I have a single paradise fish, 6 danios, one rosy red minnow, and 6 corydoras. I'm torn between adding either of these fish in a school of 5-6. Thoughts? The tank is 72 degrees and planted. Thoughts?

2. Greg F

Greg F Well Known Member Member

72 degrees would be at the lower end of suitable temps for the bloodfins or gold barbs. At 74 the bloodfins would be fine. I think it would be best to stick with danios

3. OP
    OP
    FriarThomasIII

I've done a good bit of research on them, and gold barbs can be in an unheated aquarium, and bloodfins need a heater but can be in a coolor aquarium, right at the temp where I'm at. I'm comfortable at raising to 74 though. Do you know of smaller, cooler water fish?

4. Greg F

Greg F Well Known Member Member

White clouds are the first ones that come to mind and they come in 3 variants including a gold variety. In doing a little more research I would also agree that gold barbs would likely be OK. Opinions seem to vary some but many many folks think hey are fine down to 66 or so.

5. OP
    OP
    FriarThomasIII

I am planning on getting either a 40 gallon breeder tank / 33 long and housing the paradise and maybe a mate in the 30 gallon by themselves, but when I get the new tank I'll most likely put; 6 danios, 6 gold danios, 6 white cloud minnows, 6 odessa barbs, and 6 gold barbs, and then my corydoras, all 6 and their children (peppered). I'm excited!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice