Blood Worms Allergy

iancrayguy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi so um when I taking my blood worms out of the container I went to go but the worms in the cup and I touched them while doing so and so I feed my fish so on so forth but then I had a inch on my right before my nose and then boom 30 seconds later my eyes where getting red and my nose was actually hurting and runny. I had this for a while now a it comes here and there and I also noticed I am getting a rash. Does anyone out there allergic to blood worms and get similar reactions?

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I just read earlier tonight that when I found bloodworms in my dogs water bowl that some people and dogs can have allergic reactions. Funny you asked this question when I just read it.

Wraithen

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It's not exactly rare. A bunch of people develop a reaction to bloodworms. It's usually not severe though. I dont handle them except when frozen so I dont know if I'm allergic or not. It does happen frequently enough though.

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Im fine but blood worm allergy is not uncommon. I wont let my baby feed bloodworms for this reason. She feeds everything else however.

CraniumRex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I get a reaction to them - the frozen and the rehydrated freeze-dried.

I use my aquarium tweezers to put them in the water so I never touch them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom