Blood Red Parrot Photos

BRP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's a long time since I showed you pictures from the parrots and the tank.

I want to to remember this picture as size comparison. It is probably from May 11th.

140358d1399823760-blood-red-parrot-photos-eggs.jpg

In the new tank I have some bigger pots now but the pot above still is in use.
I made a video from part of the tank and the same size pot is hanging on a branch on the left. Look how much they grew!

And this is what the tank looks like at night, well almost because I have a soft back lighting and I switched that off because my phone couldn't handle the back light.

photo.JPG

In case you wonder what I did to avoid them digging up the plants? The Jave Fern is attached to wood. The Jungle val (will place it more to the right) is potted, also the junger/smaller Jungle val.
I used a shallow food container, filled it with fine gravel and pushed half a root tab in it. On top of the gravel I have black pebble rock. I camouflaged the containers with pots and and a black flat stone. Will have to get some more and smaller ones from these.
With my parrots this currently works amazingly well.

Light is less than 60 Watt HO in this 67 gallon 4ft tank.

Spray bar from the right side to the left side and a power head with diffuser making sure there is extra flow where the sand is... most poop gets pushed back towards the filter intake.
Normally during the day the power head is switched off and starts running after the the main lights in the tank went off.

Ninariki

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They spawned some eggs a while back. Nothing came of it, they were all gone within a couple days. It was still very neat, though.

This guy actually bit me. It didn't really hurt, but scared the heck out of me. There may have been a squeak...
image.php?di=722S.jpg

Here are them with their eggs.
image.php?di=54GG.jpg

This one just cracked me up
image.php?di=LMQ5.jpg

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
4ea3f87e4ab58b10eb896591cc054c95.jpg
used to want to kill my yellow she did and today i threw her in with him and they paired after trying to get them to get along when i first got mr yellow as a rescue. But thats another story lol heres my 3 bp
a7856f346c774a41cf933a217b073af4.jpg
d33f7d2fb60b7bab71cbae9e0bc827b0.jpg
47c2b3e9acfcafd19903a980ce0edf45.jpg
c194425bca6c907fe9f00fb04e7cd12d.jpg
66b3efd0b06658fa0b719ef260c834c7.jpg
zoooom lol
f349fda73ffc0bb2605fbb30a7e1e14b.jpg
loving this thread and all your parrots!

Nikki2577

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They are beautiful, like the decor in your tank as well. Maybe I should switch to sand.
I don’t know if you were saying that to me but I will say thank you anyways lol

If you do change to sand DONT do white! Lol it is so hard to keep it looking clean. Every time I do my water change the fish start pooping and it looks like I didn’t do much.

atoken64

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I don’t know if you were saying that to me but I will say thank you anyways lol

If you do change to sand DONT do white! Lol it is so hard to keep it looking clean. Every time I do my water change the fish start pooping and it looks like I didn’t do much.
I was saying that to you. And I was thinking of mixing black sand and some of my gravel.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom