Blood Parrots Male or female?

Jarzola89

I have 3 blood parrots one has always kind of stayed to its self well the other two seem to be best friends. The one in the picture has recently become super aggressive. It’s the one that seemed to be paired with another. Today I noticed it’s belly is bulging more then normal and it’s more white. Is this normal? It’s never been aggressive before or changed colors. I’m wondering if it’s a girl and possibly going to lay eggs? I know they won’t produce fry. I’m just hoping that’s the cause of the aggressive behavior because it’s really going after my other fish. It’s a 150 gallon tank so they have plenty of room. Any thoughts guys? Two also have more pronounced heads and the one with the belly doesn’t.

Jarzola89

This is the other one to the right it actually gets along with:

Amazoniantanklvr

Well it is hard to tell but it looks gravid to me. Are there any other central/south American cichlids in the tank? Very rarely there is a male bp that can produce sperm but this is rare.

Jarzola89

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Well it is hard to tell but it looks gravid to me. Are there any other central/south American cichlids in the tank? Very rarely there is a male bp that can produce sperm but this is rare.
no just the 3 blood parrots a bala shark some clown loaches and a few catfish

Amazoniantanklvr

Well they will probably "spawn". The female will lay eggs and the male will attempt to fertilize them but only release milt.

Jarzola89

Will the aggression stop after, that’s my main concern..

Amazoniantanklvr

Who is the pb terrorizing? It SHOULD after they 'spawn'.

Jarzola89

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Who is the pb terrorizing? It SHOULD after they 'spawn'.
Ok thank you for help, and everything but the parrot it’s always gotten along with.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom