Blood Parrots and Tiger Barbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crelus26

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
This is sort of a continuation of a thread I made a couple of weeks ago, but I'm still wondering what to stock in my 37 gallon tank. I already have some Tiger barbs, and I plan to create a fairly large school of them in said tank. However, I've been wanting to add some sort of centerpiece fish- would I be able to stock blood parrots with a fairly large school of barbs (around 10-15)?

OP
Crelus26

Crelus26

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Unfortunately a 37g is too small for blood parrots. How about a female convict cichlid?
Sounds good to me! I'll look into it. I was also considering keeping around 5-6 cory cats instead of one oddball fish. I was considering a maximum stocking of 12 tigers and 6 cories, or at least 10 tigers and 5 cories. In large enough schools, I don't think they'll bother each other too much.

Nikita

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Either stocking sounds fine to me. I like the idea of the Tigers and the Cory cats. Though, there is a possibility that the tigers could nip the cories.The bigger school should keep the nipping down, but you never know. I kept Tigers and Cories in a 30g once and they did just fine. Hopefully if you do choose that route, it will be the same for you. If the Tigers do not work out with the cories, make sure to have a back-up plan for them.

OP
Crelus26

Crelus26

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
When I introduce the cories, I'll be sure to have my old 12 gallon on standby as a temporary home for them. Who knows, if it doesn't work out it would probably be a valid reason to start up a second community tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom