Blood parrot in 20 gal

ButtercuptheOranda

So I just got a baby blood parrot chichlid and I’ve learned the tank is too small but I currently cant upgrade because I live with my parents and basically “it’s our house your lucky we’re letting you keep a 20 gal) I don’t want to get rid of mango there has to be a way I got him because aquarium coop said 20 gal is the minimum

Pfrozen

I don't think its reasonable long term I know you must be disappointed but 20g is simply too small in my humble opinion

betta06

30 seems to be the absolute minimum for one and since he is still young he should be fine in the 20 for now. do you think maybe if you sold the 20 you would be able to get a 40-55 gallon? or wait a few months until he needs the upgrade then try asking again?

ButtercuptheOranda

Pfrozen said:
I don't think its reasonable long term I know you must be disappointed but 20g is simply too small in my humble opinion
Well Thanks for being honest I guess I should go back to goldfish I was thinking about a fantail
betta06 said:
30 seems to be the absolute minimum for one and since he is still young he should be fine in the 20 for now. do you think maybe if you sold the 20 you would be able to get a 40-55 gallon? or wait a few months until he needs the upgrade then try asking again?
I don’t know I have to think about it I know my lfs does fish trades do you think he’d be worth a $20 adult fantail?

Pfrozen

LeotheGoldfish said:
Well Thanks for being honest I guess I should go back to goldfish I was thinking about a fantail

I don’t know I have to think about it I know my lfs does fish trades do you think he’d be worth a $20 adult fantail?
I believe that is a fair trade

AggressiveAquatics

29 gallon is the minimum but a 40 gallon would be a really nice fit for one although it’s totally understandable you can’t get a 40 gallon. 29 gallons are more tall then long so maybe you can convince your parents to let you get one? Aquarium coop has some good info but sometimes I doubt the tank sizes they recommend. On an article on Their website they said an angel fish could be in a 20-25 gallon tank

ButtercuptheOranda

Pfrozen said:
I believe that is a fair trade
Yay I mean it’s no blood parrot but it’ll do

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom