Blood Parrot Dither Fish

Fishbro5

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
In my 75 gallon tank my Blood Parrot Cichlid is spending a good amount of time hiding and when I walk into my room he sometimes zooms around all freaked out.
I am wondering if this is because of the open space in the tank. I have 4 Bosemani Rainbowfish and I am planning on getting two to three more and I’m thinking that the blood Parrot might just be nervous.
Nitrates: 10
Nitrites: 0
Ammonia: 0
pH: 8.2
This tank has been set up for about 6 months.
The current stocking is
4 Bosemani Rainbowfish
1 Pictus Catfish
1 Blood Parrot Cichlid
1 Rainbow Shark
I have rehomed my Bichir thinking he could eventually eat my Rainbowfish and the Rainbowfish kept stealing his food.
Soooooo, any suggestions on dither fish or how to make my blood Parrot come out more?

RickyRicardo1838

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In my current tank I have 3 blood parrots that are always at the front of the tank, it could be that you might need another blood parrot. But I also have a school of black skirt tetras, as well and a school of congo tetras in there, both are a good size tetra that the parrot shouldn't be able to eat, they get a long nicely in my tank.

Fishbro5

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
In my current tank I have 3 blood parrots that are always at the front of the tank, it could be that you might need another blood parrot. But I also have a school of black skirt tetras, as well and a school of congo tetras in there, both are a good size tetra that the parrot shouldn't be able to eat, they get a long nicely in my tank.
Ok, thank you so much for the recommendations! I really like Congo Tetras and another Blood Parrot might be the right thing!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom