Blood fin tetra comparability?

KingJamal2

I am planning on putting a decently sized school (10-15) bloodfin tetras into my 40 breeder tank. I’ve got a school of White clouds in there right now, but what I’m worried about is the chilI Rasboras. Will the bloodfins be able to eat the chili’s?

At the LFS, the ones they have are about an inch/inch and a half, and the chili’s are much smaller.

help is appreciated! Thanks!

wrs2

These fish are not temperature compatible with the WCMM, who are defiantly not temperature compatible with the chilI rasbora.

FinalFins

I personally think that 74 will be a good medium for the fish, unless someone gives another good reason to contradict?

Regardless of temp I don't think the bloodfins would be able to fit a chillI in their mouth but I may be really wrong. So maybe consider another fish?

wrs2

74 is too high for WCMM. I would say anything over 70 is too hot for them.

KingJamal2

Well, it’s an unheated tank, because I heat/cool the room, not the tanks. The temperature in my tanks stays around 69-70 degrees year round, maybe a little higher in the summer.

the dude at the LFS told me that chili’s can go in an unheated tank. (Yeah, yeah, I know, I didn’t do research, because quite honestly, I did not intend to walk out with chili’s)

What fish would you suggest? I read that bloodfins were good for high 60’s and low 70’s

wrs2

I would stick to cooler water fish like Danios. They come in a lot of different varieties.

KingJamal2

I would stick to cooler water fish like Danios. They come in a lot of different varieties.
Yeah, I have danios in another tank, but to be honest, I don’t really like them too much, they don’t show the schooling behavior that I like, they just kinda zip around.

KingJamal2

13F1A45F-D595-4922-9F0A-605BA727537D.png
6986F5A0-B91A-4C28-BF0A-7A72B550DA05.png
here are 2 places that say bloodfins are good in room temp/ 70 degree tanks.

One of which being Fishlore.

wrs2

It says 70 to 80, but WCMM should be kept under 70, so therefore I stand by what I said.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
20 Gallon Tank Bloodfin tetra aggression
Replies
Views
Fish5234
Replies
Views
Merilial
Replies
Views
Hannah_in_1derland