Bloating

1. Airth

Airth Valued Member Member

Hello all.
    I'm concerned about one of my angelfish. He's sitting at the top of the tank among the floating plants. Compared to my girl, he looks bloated. His scales aren't pineconed out so I'm pretty sure it isn't dropsy.

Tonight is fasting night for the babies though I did try a little food to see if he'd eat since he was behaving abnormally. He didn't go for it. He's not gasping and compared to my girl, doesn't seem to be breathing hard. Just bloated looking and lethargic.

I'm hoping it's just constipation and a good poo will get him acting like his regular self. I'm going to try a pea tomorrow with their food if he's still behaving oddly and hopefully he'll go for it.

Any other thoughts or advice?

My tank parameters are all normal at 0, 0, 20ppm

Temperature between 80 and 82.

The humidity in my area is up right now due to monsoon season. This is the first one they'll be experiencing here.

I'm running both a HOB and a sponge filter so aeration is covered pretty well.

Doing a regular water change on Wednesday.

2. A

AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Could be constipation or kidney failure. Meaning fish is absorbing water and unable to eliminate it. Nothing you can do if its that. You could try a good amount of epsom salts to clean his gut out; get him to poo.

If fish is bloated in the front part it could be internal parasites.

3. OP
    OP
    Airth

Airth Valued Member Member

t turned out that it was kidney failure. Found the poor baby floating up top this morning and not breathing. I'm sad he's passed but glad that I could give him a good home for at least a few months.