Bloating = Bubble Nest?!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by kenlee, Apr 13, 2018.

1. kenleeNew MemberMember

Hi everyone! My fish baby, Diablo was super bloated one morning and lost all his color and had swim bladder symptoms. However, the next day he seemed to get better and gained all his color back and looked less bloated (I fasted him for 3 days and fed him a pea after I saw those signs). Yesterday, I woke up and went to check on my boy to see how he was and he was all better, no bloating! He could swim normal and everything! But then today, when I got home from work, I wasn’t to check on Diablo again and guess what he made? A bubble nest! I don’t know if he was just showing that he was all better or what but he acted all happy and like his old fiery self again, acting like nothing happened, but wanted nothing more than to show me his art work
    Also, here’s a picture of Diablo just so you can get an image of him in your head
    02997BF4-CA18-4DC4-88C1-9DB81A80892C.jpeg
    C6523986-B2A8-48C4-8C17-3ED06AE7D2AD.jpeg

2. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFanWell Known MemberMember

He looks healthy now, and bubbles nest usually mean they are happy and fine. Just wondering what size of tank is this? or a photo of the tank please.

3. OP
    OP
    k

kenleeNew MemberMember

Yeah! He is! I try to keep him as happy and healthy as possible! My fish mean the world to me! And the tank size is 1 or 1.5 gallon(s)

4. CanadianFishFan

Thats a little too small for a betta. The minnuim is 2.5gallons. Do you have a heater and filter?

5. OP
    OP
    k

kenleeNew MemberMember

FYI my last betta lived 4 years under my care and I research the best ways to to take care of your betta and heaters were not necessarily recommended! Thank you for you unwarranted and unnecessary concern! Have a nice day!

6. CanadianFishFan

well your issue for letting your betta Thrive and not live a nice life.

7. OP
    OP
    k

kenleeNew MemberMember

He’s pretty darn happy! And he thrives just fine! vets and experts say he is super happy and healthy!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice