Bloated,shy-sun Platy. Sick Guppy

Thiago Halabi

45FCAF77-C9F6-45E4-BD88-C774EEBF23CA.jpeg
D7A67CA6-F782-481B-9552-A15D186398B4.jpeg
D993612A-0233-4855-8F9B-2C331278F3F9.jpeg
DF3E5B0F-8E0D-4A29-84FE-A24F59F09BB8.jpeg hI fellows! I have a 20gl tank with some beautiful fishes! But two things that is making me worried are my girl platy and a boy guppy,.

She is acting very weird and anti-social, hidding all the time in a cave decoration, she has a bloated belly, a white spot on her anus, she is pooping normal, she shows up to eat and the others guppies that I have including another platy keep following her all the time wherever she goes, Seems they eat things on her body.

The guppy he has a thick white string coming out of his anus but never release it,look like poop but it is white, I never notice but I think the string goes inside after a while.

Help! What do they have?

sfsamm

Female platy is likely pregnant and hiding as the male won't leave her alone...
Stringy poo is frequently associated with internal parasites though it can randomly occur without them but would not be a regular appearance as such.

My guess is that you need to deworm the tank and add another female platy to keep the heat off your lady. Or get rid of the male. I've had male platy harass females almost to death even with other ladies in the tank to chase.

Thiago Halabi

Seriously!!? We me and my wife went to petco to buy them, the attendant said we were getting two females... that’s crazy!!
I will try to get a pic of the guppy and the white string.

sfsamm

Seriously!!? We me and my wife went to petco to buy them, the attendant said we were getting two females... that’s crazy!!
I will try to get a pic of the guppy and the white string.
I can't be entirely 100% certain but fairly certain mostly based on the third photo as the slI'm one appears to have a gonopodium. Could be the angle but the description of their behavior also suits.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sarah Laferriere
Replies
Views
ChapouJunior
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views