Bloated or pregnant

Nikn

Hello. I have a female blue gourami who look very round. I don't know if thats because she is bloated or because of the eggs (I doubt that its the eggs). The male has been building a bubble nest and there has been some spawning behaviour. Is the fish bloat or just very pregnant. It did just get like this all of a sudden it has been like this for the past week. The fish seems fine, swims normally and is very eager to eat more. If it is bloating how do I treat it?
Thank you for any advice

Pictures
  • You must be registered to see images

SpottedKit329

Hmm, I'm not a expert at gourami's. Has she or other females looked like that before and it was eggs?

Upvote 0

Nikn

She did look something similar to that around January (when I got the first spawn, but she was less round. It was a decent spawn around 50 babies) but this is by far the fattest she has ever been.

Upvote 0

SpottedKit329

Maybe she could just be having a lot of babies
Hopefully an expert sees this

Upvote 0

Nikn

Could be but does if the male won't breed in a community set up and I can't have a next spawn because I'm leaving soon, so what will happen to her. I do not want her dying while I'm gone because no will be able to take her out of the tank for weeks

Upvote 0

SpottedKit329

Well whatever you do keep researching and see if anyone else has had the same problem, then look at their solution if there is one

Upvote 0

Lebeeze

If she's still eating then its most likely not bloat.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
miss.mikn
Replies
Views
awilkinson871
Replies