Help Bloated Danio

Epicoz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I have a danio that has genetic defects bent spine, and weird fins it seems to tilt over and float. It also swims with its tail up. I think it’s inbreeding since I got it from Petsmart it seems ok other than that eating regularly so is it ok.

Epicoz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I got it October 2018

Here’s a vid

He’s weirdly bloated like jutting out

Help my danio is extremely bloated and I’m concerned. I’m pretty sure it ate the algea wafer I put in this morning should give it an epsom salt bath what should I do will it be ok if I just let it poop it out help! The first picture is before the rest are after

Please help it’s really bloated this is a different fish that normally is much less bloated

Should I do a salt dip

My fish has slightly raised areas on chest and back I could be paranoid maybe not.

Mermish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I don't think it looks like dropsy, dropsy basically makes your fish look like a pinecone. How long have you had the fish? Does it have any other symptoms. There should be a picture of dropsy Bellow.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Can you get a clear photo from above? It’s difficult to tell here. He doesn’t look healthy though.

Epicoz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
It’s genetic I’ve tried everything nothing helps it’s permanent I think it’s nothing it’s very faint just some patterning on its back

It is also getting kind of skinny I think it’s eating though

Epicoz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
He’s been like this for six months and I’ve been feeding less so I’ll treat for parasites I just treated for ich so would that have killed the parasites

It used to be very bloated dose this help it also gets weird protrusions from its chest when it eats a lot

Should I treat for parasites

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You said it’s been like that for awhile? I probably wouldnt. I would look into fish tb a bit more. This being said, there’s something a bit off about him and I’m not certain if it’s just bad genetics. I would suggest starting a seperate thread asking if anyone knows what’s wrong vs if it is dropsy. I believe you’ll be able to get more help if you did that.

Epicoz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
My danio has had an arched back weird fins and jutting out chest for months. It also floats back to the surface when it goes down. It eats properly swims around I’m not sure what’s wrong with it. Another fish in the some batch was really badly disformed it was small missing a fin and again floated to the top any ideas.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It was either born deformed or has some sort of disease that has given it a deformed spine, but I am unaware how to treat for someting like that.

Epicoz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I think it was born like that so yeah it seems ok freaks me out when it goes vertical but eats fine and swims around

Anything I can do to help it I’m afraid the overinflated sb is pushing up the spine

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom