bloat up like a ballon Help

1. kribensis keeper

kribensis keeper Valued Member Member

i got up this morning and of course i went to check on my fish but could not find my bn pleco he was not even in his fav pieace of pvc piping then after quite a bit or searching i found him sucking on to my sponge filter when i looked at him his stomach was bloated up really bad and a little bulb thing was coming out of his bum the thing comeing out of his bum looked like the tube some fish get when they are ready to beed only this was rounded at the end he is swimming fine and there has been no colour change the only change is a bloated up stomach i cought him and put him in a breeding box for his saftey and for the saftery of the other fish and also so i can watch him

please help i dont want him to die

please help urgent
    :animal0068:Hello. I've merged your posts.
    Ken

2. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I am so sorry he's not doing well. :( I don't know how to help you. I just want to say that your post was really hard for me to read, and if you separate it into sentences, so it is easier to read, you might get more responses. I'll keep my fingers crossed for him. :(

3. Elodea

Elodea Well Known Member Member

Might your pleco have bloat? Or it may just be constipation.

4. Meenu

If it is bloat, you could fast him for a couple of days and then try peas or daphnia.

5. J

Jackie Frost Valued Member Member

It could also be dropsy. Maybe you can look up the fish disease section on this website for help. Good luck.

6. OP
    OP
    kribensis keeper

kribensis keeper Valued Member Member

Bad news and good news he died 2hours after writing this post
    the goos news my dad said he was going out to get milk
    but he actually got me another bn pleco that looks and in some
    ways acts like my other one my dad also has a 4ft fish tank you can
    see what's in that by looking at the 2nd part of my aqarium info

7. Meenu

Oh, no! I'm so sorry he didn't make it.
    That's awesome of your dad to do that for you. He sounds like a good guy. Enjoy your new pleco. :)

8. Gouramiguy17

Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Do you have any driftwood? Driftwood is needed for bn to digest food right

9. Meenu

I didn't know it was needed...

10. agabr123

agabr123 Fishlore VIP Member

so sorry you lost your pleco but congrats on the new addition!

+2 on adding real driftwood if you don't have any, i'd also check your water parameters and do a water change to make sure that wasn't the problem.