Bleeding goldfish (help!)

seannami

Tank
What is the water volume of the tank? 135L (probably 125 in it after substrate and decor)
How long has the tank been running? 3 months, has been fully cycled.
Does it have a filter? Yes, one hang on the back and one double sponge filter. HOB includes seachem purigen
Does it have a heater? Yes, set to 24 Celsius
What is the water temperature? 22 Celsius
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.)

1 ranchu, about thumb sized
1 lionhead, similar size
1 ryukin, around half a thumb size

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? weekly (give or take)
How much of the water do you change? 30%-40% (give or take)
What do you use to treat your water? Seachem prime
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? Substrate is vaccuumed during waterchange as much as I can

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? fish in cycle, but tank is now cycled. Cycled with water changes, prime and starter bacteria
What do you use to test the water? API master kit
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.
Ammonia: .25
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10
pH: 7.2

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? daily with an occasional one day break
How much do you feed your fish? as much as they can eat in about 30 seconds
What brand of food do you feed your fish? Hikari Lionhead minipellets
Do you feed frozen? no
Do you feed freeze-dried foods? no

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 7 months
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? this morning
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? Bleeding on one side around scales
Have you started any treatment for the illness? Not yet
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? Nope
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? other than the red scales, no, swimming and acting normally- has not been fed today yet

Explain your emergency situation in detail.
Woke up this morning and one of my fish is bleeding. Both other fish are absolutely fine and injured/ill fish is swimming around normally (potentially slightly slower, but otherwise fine). Not sure what happened. Tested the water and everything looks fine. It is possible he got stuck on something (he likes squeezing between the filter and the back glass, and the heater, so maybe he got stuck behind one or between the sponge filter and the flowerpot I have as a cave). There are also some pebbles and decor in the tank that he may have whacked. Tank also has a kind of brown algae on it, mostly on the bottom.

Tank got ich about 3 weeks ago after adding the ryukin (quarantine was a bust after another fish needed to be put into solitary for attacking and biting at its tank mates) and was treated with pisces multicure. Carbon filter has since been put back in. Can't really see any signs of ich on any fish, but may be hard to see. I don't currently have a hospital tank available due to the fish in solitary (he's getting a pond come summer).

He's hard to photograph, so tried video, and still not perfect. Video linked: New video by Catherine Cook
Quick update- I have fed them and he is eating normally (catching pallets mid sink)

adumsoza

it probably got cut by some ornament, it happened to my golden barb about a year ago, i added melafix every day and he was fine after a week.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Repolie
Replies
Views
Seasoldier
Replies
Views
jtjgg
Replies
Views