Bleach Treat Aquarium

Snailerator

I had a nice tank but then it got Hydra. I moved all the livestock to different cycled aquariums. Ive still got the plants in the tank. A trusted person at my lfs told me to just use bleach to kill the hydra since I have no livestock it it. I was told to put 1/4 cup in my tank every 72 hrs and then use prime to detoxify the bleach. I have a 10g.

Does this sound ok?

Anthony

bogmummy

I would remove the plants personally. I've never had to do this but I would imagine bleach would also destroy the cycle

Snailerator

I would remove the plants personally. I've never had to do this but I would imagine bleach would also destroy the cycle
Yea I agree. Definitely gonna have to recycle. The only thing is I'm afraid if I remove the plants than the Hydra will make its way of of the tank.

bogmummy

Yea I agree. Definitely gonna have to recycle. The only thing is I'm afraid if I remove the plants than the Hydra will make its way of of the tank.
oh, right I didn't think of that. Maybe you could rinse the plans really well then quarantine them and wait to see any hydra. I've never had to deal with these guys so I don't really know if that would work or not, just a passing thought.

Snailerator

oh, right I didn't think of that. Maybe you could rinse the plans really well then quarantine them and wait to see any hydra. I've never had to deal with these guys so I don't really know if that would work or not, just a passing thought.
Ok I might try that. Thank you so much!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ForceTen
  • Question
Replies
Views
ninetyinone
Replies
Views
ddj