Bleach Alternative For Disinfecting Hospital/qt Tank

1. Genobreaker

Genobreaker Well Known Member Member

So breaking down/disinfecting my 10g qt/hospital tank. The only bleach product I have is an extra strength one so too afraid to use it. Rather not go buy bleach just for this purpose so is there an alternative to bleach?

2. sassymomma

sassymomma Well Known Member Member

White vinegar works well

3. m

minervalong Well Known Member Member

stick it outside on a sunny day, especially now in the summer. Drying and sunning will take care of most things.

4. Floundering_Around

Floundering_Around Well Known Member Member

Vinegar and hot water

5. Piaelliott

Piaelliott Well Known Member Member

Hydrogen peroxide

6. OP
    OP
    Genobreaker

Cool. Thanks for the responses. Well I have hydrogen peroxide for sure, (Not sure if I have much vinegar left) so might use that along with let it dry in the heat/sun (100 degrees here) Vinegar or hydrogen peroxide how much do I use? A cup to a few gallons of water?

7. Floundering_Around

Floundering_Around Well Known Member Member

A few kettles full might be better than trying to swirl a few cups of water around and risk burning your hand

8. O

OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

Not that is is necessary but you can combat extra strength bleach by diluting it more. Chlorine kills toxins in a few minutes. You rinse it well and done. I use a lot of vinegar because it is a good cleanser and softens hard water stains. But it is not a disinfectant. Hot water and a very thorough drying works well too.

9. Piaelliott

Piaelliott Well Known Member Member

10. OP
    OP
    Genobreaker