Blake Covering On Gbr

ElectricBlueCrawfish1

Reaction score
I have a picture on here of him and would like to know if there is something wrong with him, he is acting like he found a pot of gold and is trying to hide it from someone. Any advice? I am testing the water later today, I just got 2 new horse face loaches in the tank (30gal) I have a gouramI Wich is just happy as can be a Cory 2 neon tetras and 3 Otto's.

Here it is
20190409_093146.jpg

He Is also been following my gouramI around in certain areas of the tank, mostly his territory I think.

Maybe I should get him a girlfriend so he won't pester the gourami

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fish looks great. Another one or a few would give him some company. How big is the tank. He looks like he protecting his property.

OP
ElectricBlueCrawfish1

ElectricBlueCrawfish1

Reaction score
64685C87-DA21-44A5-BC97-B672AA342316.jpeg
The tank is 30 gallons, right now he has just been following my gouramI around now. I don't think he is fine cuzz he is very dark compared to normal, like he is a very colorful German blue ram but know he is all black and burnt looking. This is the water peramiters before I did a water change things morning, I am going to check them Asian tomorrow and probably do another one.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He looks ok in picture .
Why do you register ammonia ?
To get your nitrates down to 20ppm from 40 you need to do a 50% water change .
the amount you remove is the amount[%] the nutrient will be reduced.
50% water change from 40ppm will yield 20ppm a better number for the otos and GBR who do not tolerate bumps in the cycle well.

OP
ElectricBlueCrawfish1

ElectricBlueCrawfish1

Reaction score
Ok thanks, I just put what was in the test on my screenshot so I just know that the ammonia needs to go down to 0

That stuff u said about the nitrates is really smart. And it makes sense, I will try that today.

New Threads