Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Blake Covering On Gbr

Discussion in 'Ram Cichlid' started by ElectricBlueCrawfish1, Apr 9, 2019.

1. ElectricBlueCrawfish1Valued MemberMember

I have a picture on here of him and would like to know if there is something wrong with him, he is acting like he found a pot of gold and is trying to hide it from someone. Any advice? I am testing the water later today, I just got 2 new horse face loaches in the tank (30gal) I have a gourami Wich is just happy as can be a Cory 2 neon tetras and 3 Otto's.

Here it is 20190409_093146.jpg

He Is also been following my gourami around in certain areas of the tank, mostly his territory I think.

Maybe I should get him a girlfriend so he won't pester the gourami

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2019
  2. 86 ssinitWell Known MemberMember

Fish looks great. Another one or a few would give him some company. How big is the tank. He looks like he protecting his property.

3. ElectricBlueCrawfish1Valued MemberMember

64685C87-DA21-44A5-BC97-B672AA342316.jpeg The tank is 30 gallons, right now he has just been following my gourami around now. I don't think he is fine cuzz he is very dark compared to normal, like he is a very colorful German blue ram but know he is all black and burnt looking. This is the water peramiters before I did a water change things morning, I am going to check them Asian tomorrow and probably do another one.

4. coralbanditWell Known MemberMember

He looks ok in picture .
    Why do you register ammonia ?
    To get your nitrates down to 20ppm from 40 you need to do a 50% water change .
    the amount you remove is the amount[%] the nutrient will be reduced.
    50% water change from 40ppm will yield 20ppm a better number for the otos and GBR who do not tolerate bumps in the cycle well.

5. ElectricBlueCrawfish1Valued MemberMember

Ok thanks, I just put what was in the test on my screenshot so I just know that the ammonia needs to go down to 0

That stuff u said about the nitrates is really smart. And it makes sense, I will try that today.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2019