Bladder snails

RomeoOscar

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi, though most people find snails to be pests, I love them, because they're tiny and I can add more life to the tank. Plus they are excellent for the ecosystem. Anyway I've got all sorts of pest snails, in controlled numbers of course, but the bladder snails never seem to live much.... I'm not sure if the other snails eat them or what.. I have the LFS give me like 10 at a time for free, then after a while I no longer see them. The other day I found a ramshorn attached to a bladder snail... Was he eating the other guy?? I havent found any information about that online... Maybe my betta has a taste for bladder snails?

PerfectSatyr683

Reaction score
Same here I love them and bladder snails can live up to 5 years

The ramshorn was just hitching a ride on his back they are very lazy snails

OP
RomeoOscar

RomeoOscar

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They never seem to live much here... All the other snails do perfectly fine, I've nerite, mistery, ramshorn, Malaysian trumpet, and might have some bladder but certainly not all... I have never seen any of these snails prey on living animals, so I'm not sure what's going on, the only logical explanation I can find is the betta eating them, but she only eats the baby snails that can fit in her mouth

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The only snail that hunts other snails are Assissan snails so unless you have them thats the problem

OP
RomeoOscar

RomeoOscar

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
richiep said:
The only snail that hunts other snails are Assissan snails so unless you have them thats the problem
Nope don't have them , I don't like assassin snails, they slowly suck the life out of my pretty snails. Nope don't want that anywhere near my tanks lol

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You haven't got snails eating snails so it could be the fact there's not enough food to sustain them so they naturally stop breeding, and I'm not saying you are not feeding enough its just one or those things they do

New Threads