Bladder Snail Eggs Help

Aki

Reaction score
So, I recently picked up a plant that unfortunately had eggs on it. I got two cute little bladder snails. A month later I started noticing a bunch more of those tiny little snails. It got so bad that I went as far as buying new sand, thoroughly expecting plants and hides, and boiling drift wood.

The problem in my main tank is gone now, but I still have one which I intent to keep and put back into the main tank. It is currently in a smaller tank, because I wasn't too sure if it'd lay eggs in my main tank. I know that you need two to make a fertilized egg, but it's just been that one little guy in there for quite a while now, and he's still laying little clutches all over the place.

I was wondering if they just lay infertile eggs, or if those eggs are fertile. If they are, how long should I keep him there before moving him back to the other tank without a risk of more babies.

Attachments

Tony_097

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Most snails in fresh water reproduce asexualy at least that's what my pond snails and ramshorns have done they will quickly take over a small space if you let them in my pond I have seen my turtles eat them in short most of those hitchhiker snail will lay eggs by themselves and the babies will hatch

New Threads