Blackwater experiment-neons spawning? 5 Gallon Tank 

Fishydelishy

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have this little Blackwater tank I set up as my first real attempt with this type of tank. I added neon tetras a few days ago, and last night into today noticed what looks like possible spawning behavior. I’ve never bred neons, so I’m looking for any advice or things to look for! Not necessarily trying to breed them, but I would be thrilled if they spawned!
IMG_1697.JPG
IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_1696.JPG

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nice tank .
I believe neons scatter their eggs and they fall to the floor .
More leaf littler might hide them from the parents who think are know to eat the eggs if they can [like most fish honestly] ..

Fishydelishy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I didn’t quite mean to post that picture so many times . Yeah I want to add more leaf litter, I’m just trying to do a bit at a time because the water is already pretty dark, that picture was right after a water change

TWiG87

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Your tank looks good, and to mimic coralbandit, I don’t think tetras make the best parents. If they do spawn it may be on you to ensure their survival

CoryFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
as said above tetras do not make good parents, and do you only have 2? Also tetras need at least 10 gallons but preferably 20.

Fishydelishy

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have 5 little tinies in there, there’s a 10 gallon they can move into but for now they seems happy! I want chili Rasboras for the tank eventually, just had a hard time finding them so have these guys in there for now

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom