black widows,white spots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOULOU

Valued Member
Reaction score
my black widow tetras have got little white spots on them, i take it that is white spot, i went to my lfs and bought white spot treatment. we were told to take out the black carbon part of the filter out, then put the solution in the water, and not do a water change until the spots have gone, is that right? can anyone suggest anything different, how often do we need to use the solution, we are understanding it as just the once? that right to? ???

OP
L

LOULOU

Valued Member
Reaction score
king british white spot, what does raising the temp do? also all i put in my last post happend today? so how long should i leave it?

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Raising the temp helps to kill the parasites. I've never heard of that medication...but you should medicate until the spots are gone, I'm not sure if you need to leave it in longer.

OP
L

LOULOU

Valued Member
Reaction score
im from the uk maybe thats why you havent heard of it. any way its 12am here so i think maybe i should go to bed now. got to get to sleep b4 my husband starts snoring ;D ;D thanks for the help. was reading one of your posts earlier, didnt realise you were a teenager. the way you talk is very proffesional. well done you. :-*

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeah, I figured you weren't from the US since you call it white spot and not ich. So someone else besides me stays up way too late! ;D Hey thanks... I'm not sure about professional, but if I sound that way it's because I read too much. Never mind, you can't read too much, it's so fun! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Weekly

Votes: 43 65.2%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 12 18.2%

Top Bottom