Help Black Water Setup Mini

Rdrb

Valued Member
Reaction score
guys i started developing an inyerest towards black water scapes but the problem is almost all my tanks are occupied plus the fish in them require ph 7 and slightly above so its a no no. But i do plan on using a plastic tub in which i thought of adding sand and some gravel also at least 6 almond leaves or so to tan the water and thought of putting my betta in it , but recently i googled in the net they say betta require ph 7 and above i was confused so thats one question also what kind of plants could i add fr the miniature black water setup kindly leave your thoughts..
W
Thanks in advance

treadingwater

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I dont know enough yet for a tank of my own but here are some basic thoughts.

pH for a betta is 6-7.5 however your fish can adapt to pH ranges that are a little above and below their comfort zone if done so carefully and slowly. Bettas live in rice fields in nature with a lot of organic matter in the first place so a dark water tank is not out of the question for your fish. Here is a great article on pH of a black water tank. The key is to keep the pH stable and avoid massive swings according to that.

I adore lightly colored black water aquariums but I dont think I have the nerve to do it yet. Its a pretty new thing to me and as I said I just dont know enough. Show us what you come up with though!

Faytaya

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I dont know enough yet for a tank of my own but here are some basic thoughts.

pH for a betta is 6-7.5 however your fish can adapt to pH ranges that are a little above and below their comfort zone if done so carefully and slowly. Bettas live in rice fields in nature with a lot of organic matter in the first place so a dark water tank is not out of the question for your fish. Here is a great article on pH of a black water tank. The key is to keep the pH stable and avoid massive swings according to that.

I adore lightly colored black water aquariums but I dont think I have the nerve to do it yet. Its a pretty new thing to me and as I said I just dont know enough. Show us what you come up with though!
I feel the same way. Mr.Bryan gave me some good pointers but it feels too advanced for someone like me who has just started their first tank

Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 61 65.6%

Top Bottom